Difference between crystal light and crystal light pure fitn

Options
Does anyone know? All i can see is pure fitness is 5 cals more per serving compairng purefitness lemon lime with natural rasberry peach. the ingrediants seem the same...what makes pure fitness- pure fitness....

Replies

• July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    If they are the same ingredients, it is probably a marketing ploy........

I prefer regular ice water with a lemon, lime, orange, peach slice or mint leaf....................
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I know the pure fitness doesn't have any aspertame, and the regular crystal light does. I'm allergic to aspertame so I am always checking product labels. It's supposed to be all natural with no artificial ingredients.
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Fairly certain that the Pure Fitness is sweetened with Stevia or some other natural sweetener intstea of the aspertame. It is supposed to be all natural, instead of artificial flavors and stuff. I like it better, definitely worth the 5 extra calories.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yes, jenlhugg is right.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know? All i can see is pure fitness is 5 cals more per serving compairng purefitness lemon lime with natural rasberry peach. the ingrediants seem the same...what makes pure fitness- pure fitness....
    the sweeter, the one I just bought has a stevia sweetner, the others I believe are aspartame? Also no dyes etc. well they are natual dyes, very cool to read the difference in the ingredients, LOVE the Pure Fitness, tastes great:flowerforyou:

Keep in mind 5 cals is one cup, I mixed the full pkg. in a 24 oz. bottle and it was perfect for me, light lavendar color and delish! Not too sweet, not to watery. They suggest 1/2 pkg. per 1 cup, now there is the marketing ploy (not that every other product doesn't use them. lol) So you really don't get 14 servings out of a box unless you are truly drinking 1/2 pkg. with 1 cup (8 oz) of water.

So mine was 15 cals. I've only tried it once and rarely drink anything but water but it was a nice change and good for on the go.

Becca
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    the sweeter, the one I just bought has a stevia sweetner, the others I believe are aspartame? Also no dyes etc. well they are natual dyes, very cool to read the difference in the ingredients, LOVE the Pure Fitness, tastes great:flowerforyou:

Keep in mind 5 cals is one cup, I mixed the full pkg. in a 24 oz. bottle and it was perfect for me, light lavendar color and delish! Not too sweet, not to watery. They suggest 1/2 pkg. per 1 cup, now there is the marketing ploy (not that every other product doesn't use them. lol) So you really don't get 14 servings out of a box unless you are truly drinking 1/2 pkg. with 1 cup (8 oz) of water.

So mine was 15 cals. I've only tried it once and rarely drink anything but water but it was a nice change and good for on the go.

Becca

i will look into these for my husband............I recently started making him drink nothing but water and he gets bored with it, so maybe this will give him a change.

Yes, all products have half truthes and marketing ploys with them. That is why I prefer to stick with meat, dairy, vegetables and some fruit - there is no marketing ploy with those.

Farmers Market and CSA for dairy, egss, vegetables and fruit, some nuts too.
    Local Meat market for meats...........
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Becca

i will look into these for my husband............I recently started making him drink nothing but water and he gets bored with it, so maybe this will give him a change.

Yes, all products have half truthes and marketing ploys with them. That is why I prefer to stick with meat, dairy, vegetables and some fruit - there is no marketing ploy with those.

Cora, how are you liking your CSA boxes weekly? Aren't they simply the greatest? Being ill lately I traded off much of mine but still came home with a ton of veggies. Putting a stew on in a bit even if I end up having to freeze most of it, the house will smell nice and it'll be here for other days.

Yes, definitely look into the new type of Crystal Light for Hubs and see if it's something he could have.

Looking at the box right now:

Sweetened with evaporated can juice, sugar, and truvia

For color/dye this is what is listed:
    Dried Purple Carrot Extract and dried Hibiscus Flower Extract

Nutrition Facts:
    1/2 pkg.
    Servings per container 14
    Calories per serving 15
    Sodium 35mg
    Potassium 15 mg
    Total Carb 3g
    Sugars 3g

Keep in mind the above is for a 8 oz. serving. I used a 24oz bottle and put a full packet in and enjoyed it. I think some of you used to regular CL might find you like it far sweeter than how I mixed it. So YMMV:drinker:

Hope the info helps,
    Becca:flowerforyou:

Edited to add: While at the store the other day I did notice they have a trial packet of 3 for 99 cents. It contains 1 each of Lemon Lime, Strawberry Kiwi, and Grape.

Grape is the flavor I got in the box. Unsure how I'll feel about the others and unsure why I picked up the 99 cent packet since I've only tried one of the Grapes so far. lol I'll let you all know.
  • July24Lioness
    Options

Becca

Cora, how are you liking your CSA boxes weekly? Aren't they simply the greatest? Being ill lately I traded off much of mine but still came home with a ton of veggies. Putting a stew on in a bit even if I end up having to freeze most of it, the house will smell nice and it'll be here for other days.

Yes, definitely look into the new type of Crystal Light for Hubs and see if it's something he could have.

Nutrition Facts:
    1/2 pkg.
    Calories per serving 15
    Sodium 35mg
    Potassium 15 mg
    Total Carb 3g
    Sugars 3g

Keep in mind the above is for a 8 oz. serving. I used a 24oz bottle and put a full packet in and enjoyed it. I think some of you used to regular CL might find you like it far sweeter than how I mixed it. So YMMV:drinker:

Hope the info helps,

Edited to add: While at the store the other day I did notice they have a trial packet of 3 for 99 cents. It contains 1 each of Lemon Lime, Strawberry Kiwi, and Grape.

Grape is the flavor I got in the box. Unsure how I'll feel about the others and unsure why I picked up the 99 cent packet since I've only tried one of the Grapes so far. lol I'll let you all know.

I am loving the CSA for several reasons..............

1. Buying local, organic produce, eggs and raw dairy
    2. Eating local and organic (mentioned above) - So much better tasting
    3. Don't have to go grocery shopping, it is delivered to my door and waiting on me when I get home from work.
    4. Trying new vegetables I was not buying myself when i was shopping farmers markets and regular grocery.
    5. Trading things with my sister and giving to my neighbors (in hopes to help them eat better)

Also, I bought the CL Pure Fitness last night and was scratching my head at the 3 grams of carbs per serving........Well, it has added sugar to it. Very first ingredient that I must have skimmed right over in the store.

If I am going to have carbs, I don't want to drink them, I want to eat them, much more satisfying!!!

There is Evaporated Cane Juice (which is sugar cane)................ :explode: :angry:

So, i will have to use these very, very sparingly. Wal-mart only had the Lemon Lime. I haven't tried it yet though.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Becca

Nutrition Facts:
    1/2 pkg.
    Calories per serving 15
    Sodium 35mg
    Potassium 15 mg
    Total Carb 3g
    Sugars 3g

Hope the info helps,

I am loving the CSA for several reasons..............

1. Buying local, organic produce, eggs and raw dairy
    2. Eating local and organic (mentioned above) - So much better tasting
    3. Don't have to go grocery shopping, it is delivered to my door and waiting on me when I get home from work.
    4. Trying new vegetables I was not buying myself when i was shopping farmers markets and regular grocery.
    5. Trading things with my sister and giving to my neighbors (in hopes to help them eat better)

Also, I bought the CL Pure Fitness last night and was scratching my head at the 3 grams of carbs per serving........Well, it has added sugar to it. Very first ingredient that I must have skimmed right over in the store.

If I am going to have carbs, I don't want to drink them, I want to eat them, much more satisfying!!!

There is Evaporated Cane Juice (which is sugar cane)................ :explode: :angry:

So, i will have to use these very, very sparingly. Wal-mart only had the Lemon Lime. I haven't tried it yet though.
    I've become such a big fan of CSA I can't imagine everyone not wanting to be a part of it! Nothing like picking up a huge box of fresh picked that day, organtic greens & more each week.

Oh I'm sorry, I had posted the ingredients on here and looks like you didn't see them in time. Sorry about that. Yes when I looked on the box I did see evaporated cane sugar. For myself I'd pick regular sugar over chemical sugar if I could but that's my preference.

But there are times I eat the poison! lol This whole time I've had the flu I've had a box of sugar free bombpops in my freezer for my sore throat. Just easier than trying to make anything with juice etc. Typically I would likely do that instead.

• KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    new Flavors of Crystal Light Pure made with Truvia are dropping nationally this month and I AM SOOO EXCITED!!! yay no aspartame!!
  • christinacherrelle
    christinacherrelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh that's good, sounds way better than chemicals that cause cancer... it's a start, and the more we demand better quality products the more of them we will get at a decent price :-) As of today I think Stevia is the only sweetener that doesn't have a glycemic index.