Roasted potatoes - should I boil first or not?

Options
Microfiber
Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
My hubby, the chef of the family, has gone to work and I fancy some roast potatoes :laugh:

Should I boil em first or cut them up and put them in the oven raw?

Replies

• MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I just throw cubed sweet potatoes into the oven on a baking sheet without boiling them, they turn out great..
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Boiling then baking will make them soft on the inside and crunch on the outside.

Baking alone will just make them crunchy. If just baking, make sure you either cut them into very small chunks or cook for a long time.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Cut them into like size pieces raw and toss them in a little olive oil.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    To get them really crispy on the outside, and really soft inside, parboil them first (put them in a pan of cold water, then bring them to just boiling and turn off the heat), drain well and add to a pan of oil that has been preheated in the oven at 450F. Roast at 450 till they are done.
  • Microfiber
    Options
    Thanks everybody - much appreciated :flowerforyou:
  • frantny
    frantny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To get them really crispy on the outside, and really soft inside, parboil them first (put them in a pan of cold water, then bring them to just boiling and turn off the heat), drain well and add to a pan of oil that has been preheated in the oven at 450F. Roast at 450 till they are done.
    After boiling, put the pot of drained potatoes back on the stove burner for a minute or so, it dries out the potatoes and makes them more likely to brown in the oven