songs that make you happy

Options

Replies

• Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a song but rather an album. I don't know what is it but every time I'm in a funk I listen to Reign in Blood from Slayer and I'm all better by the time it starts over again 29 minutes and 4 seconds later.
  • patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Love "The Boys of Summer" by Don Henley. It's old but still one of my favorite Summer songs. Also "Need You Tonight" by INXS
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Great Big Sea and Zach Brown Band are my "happy music"
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Global Concepts- Robert Delong
    Madness- Muse
    Waves- Blondfire
    Don't You Worry Child- Swedish House Mafia
    Ho Hey- The Lumineers
    Everything from the The Black Keys and Gotye
  • goldenboy2532
    Options
    "Die, Die My Darling"

Back story: My wife and I were on our honeymoon at a beautiful, "couples only" resort in the Dominican. We decided to take in some karaoke on the mainstage and we were chatting with other couples and drinking some El Presidente listening to all of these people swoon love songs to their SO (corny, I know). All of a sudden, a dude in an half red and half black suit (separated vertically) gets up there and sings "Die, Die My Darling". Everyone in the place looked around in horror and my wife and I cracked up. Sometimes, I will just walk up to her and sing the title (creepy if you didn't know us), and we still laugh about it.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    Bottoms up-Trey Songz :tongue:
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    If It's a relationship going south, I feel better after listening to "cry me a river" - Justin Timberlake.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Call to Arms by Angels and Airwaves Also Everything's Magic, Secret Crowds, they are an uplifting band.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Freaks of the Industry by Digital Underground
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Given to Fly by Pearl Jam
    Boys of Summer by Don Henley
    Animal by Neon Trees
    Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind (not a happy song lyrically, per se, but it always gets me in a good mood)
    Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World
    Walk by Foo Fighters
    Everlong by Foo Fighters
    Pretty in Pink by Psychedelic Furs

Also, pretty much any alt/modern rock song from the mid to late 90's will get me in a good mood.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    "Die, Die My Darling"

Back story: My wife and I were on our honeymoon at a beautiful, "couples only" resort in the Dominican. We decided to take in some karaoke on the mainstage and we were chatting with other couples and drinking some El Presidente listening to all of these people swoon love songs to their SO (corny, I know). All of a sudden, a dude in an half red and half black suit (separated vertically) gets up there and sings "Die, Die My Darling". Everyone in the place looked around in horror and my wife and I cracked up. Sometimes, I will just walk up to her and sing the title (creepy if you didn't know us), and we still laugh about it.

so cute
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, just a little comment on your comment on Pink. Not exactly the 90's. Most of her best known work has been since 2000 and Raise your Glass came out in 2010. Not quite the antique you suggest.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    top of the world - julianna theory
    do what you want - guster
    dashboard - modest mouse
    clueless soundtrack
    90's boy bands
  • MissyBenj
    MissyBenj Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Jason Aldean - Joe Dippy
    Jason Aldean, Luke Bran, Eric church - The only way I know
    Christina/Pitbull- Feel this moment
  • msuspartan10
    msuspartan10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Pink's greatest hits so far is probably my favorite right now.
    Other good songs -
    Cliffs of Dover
    Bohemian Rhapsody
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    this song always makes me wanna dance and be happy =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6BC_uQEEmM

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

We're from Barcelona - I'm from Barcelona
  • bring7
    bring7 Posts: 13
    Options
    Not one to sing along and dance much but when Lee Fields - You're The Kind Of Girls comes on I've been know to attempt it.
  • TrinnyT
    TrinnyT Posts: 5
    Options
    Give It Up from KC and the Sunshine Band......or anything from KC, really. Did they ever make a song that wasn't upbeat?
  • jessicapetert23
    jessicapetert23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    any upbeat country song :)