Newbie Wanting to get Fit not Flat!

Options
Hi All,

New to MyFitnessPall due to my lovely friend Tess recommending me to try to it. She has been on it for only a little while but Oh My God she has done so well! She showed me a before and after pic and it's amazing! Go Tess!

I have decided to finally do something about my extra lumps and bumps that make wearing clothes a hassle, leaving me in tears when i have to decide what to wear at weekends, and thus NOT leaving the house because i'm a hysterical mess screaming at my boyfriend and throwing shoes at him...(this can't just be me).

The thing with dieting etc. in the past is that no one person eats the same, has the same metabolic rate and it is very hard to get the support you need as you'll be sat next to the size 6 slim jim at work who's scoffing crispy cremes all day so you end up thinking.. "well maybe just one" and then that's it the excuses come.." i've ruined it now so i may aswell eat what i want at the weekend (aka scoff eveything in the house) and start my diet on Monday - why can we only start diets on a monday?? (Again i don't think i'm the only one who thinks like this)

So anyway - (the thought of Crispy Cremes is distracting me) - The purpose of this comment, is that whilst i am not majorly overweight, i struggle with the wobbly bits! I have done exercise in the past and basically starved myself and reached that ugly looking "FLAT" stage (Think none of the wobbly bits that make you look and feel like a female!). So the intention so to get fit, toned and healthy looking.

I have just started a 1200 calorie intake (struggled a bit this first week as work has been busy and i've been living off coffee (very bad i know) and have also just started The 30 day shred by Jillian Michael's. Anyone who shares my view point (that it's much nicer to keep the wobbly bits we like and tone the bits we don't) please add/comment and give advice.

Also if anyone has started/tried/completed the 30 Day Shred i'd love to hear from you and whether you did any other form of excerice/saw results/gave up.

Thanks

Bekki :-)

Replies

• Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I want to get fit and not "flabby", too. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred, and I also walk a mile and bike ~4 miles, too, so I can actually be sore the next day. Eating 1200 cals were hard for me at first, but now that I am eating only REAL, HEALTHY food, it's difficult to actually hit that. I usually eat right around 1000. Anyway, I hope you have much luck! I'll add you! :)
  • bekki84
    bekki84 Posts: 11
    Options
    Apologies for the spelling mishaps - sneaking this in whilst at work :-)xx
  • bekki84
    Options
    Hi GallopingforgGod!

Thanks for your reply. I need to really focus on eating good, healthy foods. It's hard at work at the moment as i tend to grab what i can (hence the severe coffee intake!!).

I was considering running maybe 3 times a week whilst doing the 30 day shred. The first two days i was really sore, but that seems to have subsided so i think i need to up my game!

Im currently only on day 5, do you do it every day and have you seen a change?

Thanks

Bekki :-)
  • k9t8a8
    k9t8a8 Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm with you! Working towards curves made of muscle! I've never done the 30 day shred from start to finish, but I will pop it in the DVD player when I am crunched for time - such a good way to get a really good in a short amount of time!
  • bekki84
    Options
    Hi Miss_Katiea,

Yeah definitely! I also wanted to know if anyone has ever done the 30 day shred twice a day - or would that kill me?x
  • Galloping4God
    Galloping4God Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I kinda did last night....not a full second time through. But I also walked a mile and biked 4. I was pretty sore today, but I did do another day today. Def feeling it now! :)
  • leyvad
    leyvad Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    you can add me!! :happy:
  • bekki84
    Options
    Hmm just completed level 1 again tonight and it didn't feel like enough :-( i'm on day 5 and not fit at all. Still got out of breath but the burning stopped. Wonder if i did something wrong...?

Might try a run tomorrow.. see what that does..
  • tessslimmer1
    Options
    Ahh thank you for the shout out lovely lady :)

I totally understand and know you will succeed.

I am struggling at the moment so I'm so glad you've joined mfp as I need a friend x x I'm starting to lose sight of being good and Thursday night treats are the new Friday night treats, sat night is becoming a 'well it's the weekend' treat night just like you've described!!!

I've done so well but I'm falling off the wagon. It all happened since I did my back in :(

I have 4 lbs (probably more once the McDonald's and custard creams and cakes catch up with me) to lose before the 31st May my holiday ...... Really need help. Il help in return xxxxx

Hugs n love

P.s I may need to have an emergency text line where I msg u before I eat things !!!
    It's getting that bad !
  • daianebrito
    daianebrito Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me!