Ladies! Best Protein Shake

Options
Hello Everyone. This is probably posted somewhere else but could not find a search for it. I do love my meal replacement shakes. I am was just curious whom likes what and why? I tried Shakeology recently and loved it but so pricey. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• kaylakaminski
    Options
    I don't use it as a meal replacement, as it lacks the other macronutrients, but I love Promasil by Rivalus. It's super low carb, low calorie and sweetened with Stevia. So it's the cleanest product I have found. I just mix the Vanilla in water for a 90cal protein boost after the gym, or if I do want a more complete "meal" - I add peanut butter, oats and berries.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered Vega One. There was a review that compared the per serving price to shakeology, because the reviewer felt they had a similar nutritional profile. I bought it because it was vanilla chai flavored and soy free, then checked out the reviews after I got home.

Cost is only one reason that you shouldn't rely on these shakes full time, though. You aren't learning healthy habits from them and your body doesn't get to do things it is made for, like actually digest food.
  • Ladylouwolf
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I appreciate hearing what others have tried. I do have this mental issue with carbs. still.:embarassed: Trying to add all the better ones into my diet.:smile:
  • Ladylouwolf
    Options
    Excellent! Been reading so many reviews on them and I truly was searching for people that have tried certain ones and what they have thought. I appreciate it ! Thank you!!!
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a blender. When fruit is cheap, I freeze it.
    I put 1/2 frozen banana
    handful frozen strawberries
    1/2 slice frozen pineapple
    some almond milk
    and/or fruit juice--usually light on sugar, but dark in color like pomegranate or blueberry
    whip and drink.
    I do not handle chemicals well, so this is my best solution.

Could also throw in spinach, beets, whatever.
    Different every time.
  • lisadekk
    lisadekk Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    A product that is truly good for you is not going to be "cheap".
    I frequently use Isagenix protein shakes - cost less than $3 per shake.