Grrrr ... I'm impatient !!!

Options
How do all you awesome MFPers manage to stay on track when the scales / tape measure / clothing size / whatever measurement you go by, only diminishes by a tiny amount each day / week / month / year?

What keeps you going? : )

Replies

• bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just knowing that each day I spend moving forward toward a goal is not a day wasted or spent sliding back.

Great results and major changes take time and commitment. Stay with it!
  • Belle_Brummell
    Options
    Wow !!!

I guess your loss says it all ...

I'm totally blown away, thank you : ) x
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That I'm not doing it for the numbers....I'm doing it for me! Yesterday was the first time in a few months I'd been on my bicycle and I intended to just take a leisurely ride. But because I'd started up at the gym a couple weeks prior and had ridden often last year -- my leisurely ride yesterday was still faster than my fastest ride last summer! THAT felt good!!
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    my moivation is basketball .. im 6'6 285 and the more weight i lose the more i can fly :smile: ,,,, JUST DO IT :wink:
  • JenJenER
    JenJenER Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Every little bit that diminishes is another little bit that is gone from me! :smile:
  • cmstirp
    cmstirp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I set small goals and give myself the time to accomplish them. I wanted to lose 15lbs, so I gave myself 16 weeks to do it (before I joined MFP). I think having an endpoint in mind helps. And once you hit your first goal, you can just make up a new one.
  • cp5c0tt
    cp5c0tt Posts: 2
    Options
    I just keep reminding myself that It took me 20+ years to get in the condition that I was in; when I realized that I needed to change my lifestyle. It has not been quite a year, the changes have been slow, but I do feel so much better then when I started.

Stick with it ! you'll be glad you did!
  • Belle_Brummell
    Options
    Yeah, I feel you ... is it possible to get addicted to endorphins?
  • persistantone
    persistantone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That this is my life. The way I eat and exercise now isn't for some number on the scale, it's for life. It's for the kids I'll have down the line. It's for the long-term health. It's just for so much more than 20lbs lost.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating healthy and being active for another fifty years or so, not just the 6-12 months needed to reach my goal weight.

The actual results on a particular day can be frustrating, but that I is mostly because a) I would really like to lose fast enough to only have to buy clothes in every other size and b) I am anxious to take the acroyoga class my partner agreed we would take as soon as I weigh less than him!
  • Belle_Brummell
    Options
    Aw ... thank you all, so far (!)

Your motives are all very encouraging and I wish you success : ) x