Low carb lunch ideas

Options
I need help trying to find some low carb lunch ideas. I usually have a lean cuisine but my personal trainer said they have too many carbs. I need ideas without having to spend a lot of time prepping and buying a lot of ingredients. Thanks!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have done meat and cheese wraps for my husband quite a bit. Some deli meat or prosciutto or whatever, maybe some mayo or herb spread and some cheese. Put the spread and cheese on the meat and roll it up. He also eat beef/turkey bits and cheese for lunch some days. Tuna or chicken salad over lettuce or on a lower carb wrap. Salads with a lean protein. Breakfast for lunch! (Eggs, bacon, one slice of toast.)
  • Cartwheel_AC
    Cartwheel_AC Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Chicken/Shrimp stirfry (stirfry veggies, freeze into individual portions, make chicken or shrimp separately and take as needed)
    Bean-less chili (ex. lean ground chicken, lots of veggies)
    Cobb salad

I know it's not much....but some good ideas :)
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    Stir fry is great, but unless you're making it for dinner the night before, time consuming.

Lettuce wraps are a great way to enjoy anything you'd normally have on bread

When I did hardcore low carb, I'd have salads for lunch all the time. Lettuce/spinach/kale/etc are very low in carbs, then you can top with cucumbers, tomtoes, lean meat, etc, and a tasty homemade dressing.

Turkey or hamburger wrapped in lettuce, egg salad lettuce wrap, tuna salad, chicken salad wrap, etc.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Right now my go to lunch is a salad of spinach topped with chopped red pepper, tomato, purple onion, mushrooms and vegan sausage. I dress it with Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar. Pair this up with a serving of almonds. Other things I've brought for lunch that might take less prep work are hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, leftovers from the night before, veggie (or maybe beef in your case) burgers on a lettuce leaf. Spaghetti squash with marinara is yummy too.
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I cook a package of chicken breasts on sunday and steam some veggies and divide it into 5 containers for the week :smile:
  • Miki1510
    Miki1510 Posts: 1
    Options
    I prepare grass fed beef meat balls on Sunday, and have lunch for whole week. My low carb is very high fat, and add a few spoons of coconut oil + spinach, and that's it. Sometimes I have hard boiled eggs instead of meat balls.
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Salad with tuna or other protein is my main-stay, or left-overs.

Lean Cuisines aren't great but how can anyone say "they have too many carbs"? There's a gajillion varieties. Did s/he say how many carbs you should have at lunch?
  • Kelico528
    Kelico528 Posts: 39
    Options
    Salad with tuna or other protein is my main-stay, or left-overs.

Lean Cuisines aren't great but how can anyone say "they have too many carbs"? There's a gajillion varieties. Did s/he say how many carbs you should have at lunch?

I agree, this is a generalization. Some of the healthy choice steamers have a good amount of protein! I always try to stick to entrees with meat in them & it works for me (i.e. no mac n chees or fettuccine alfredo)
  • drugrug
    drugrug Posts: 50
    Options
    I cook egg whites and add a slice of natural cheese on top. It's really yummy and only has about 2 carbs.
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I cook a package of chicken breasts on sunday and steam some veggies and divide it into 5 containers for the week :smile:

this. and I hard boil eggs for the week
  • jourdanerin
    Options
    Salads! with a lean meat, low-fat cheese, and lots of veggies. LOW-CAL dressing.

get creative so you don't get bored with them!
  • Laurelthequeen
    Options
    Salads! with a lean meat, low-fat cheese, and lots of veggies. LOW-CAL dressing.

get creative so you don't get bored with them!

Low cal dressing and low fat cheese generally mean that the extra fat calories have been replaced with carbs.

Go full fat cheese and full fat dressing. It'll help keep you full. Fat is not a monster. It's a necessary part of your diet and will help keep you from feeling hungry right away.
  • kellyirisheyes
    kellyirisheyes Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs or tuna in a pita is my go to :) with veggies!