Daily sugar intake?

Options
Hi everyone

My daily sugar intake on MFP was set at 29g/day or something but I keep going over it by eating fruit or cereal or something. I looked up GDAs and it says women are supposed to have 90g/day. Should I manually increase the MFP limit? Why is it so low?

Replies

• sara_alexandra
    sara_alexandra Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just actually posted a thread on this too because I go over my sugar intake EVERY DAY.
  • CreativeFedora
    Options
    Likewise for me, my sugar intake reaches about 70g - 90g everyday. It's all from fruits. The mango I ate this morning has 24g. I stopped worrying about the sugar intake since it comes from a natural source. It's the sugars from confections, sodas, and junk food that are one should worry about.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to do so there's no need to track your sugar.

Just watch your total carb and calorie intake.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    You don't need to control your Sugar if you don't want to.

But if you do want to, please do so responsibly, with a safe word so nobody gets hurt.
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    *not a dietician or medial professional*

If you are going over your sugar because you are eating whole fruits then don't worry about it. Whole fruits contain more then just sugar like fiber and vitamins and minerals, you get more benefit from them then just sugar. Fruits contain fructose which is a mono-saccharide unlike table sugar which is a di-saccaride which is 2 sugars (fructose and glucose). This is all moot if you are specifically trying to limit sugar because of a health problem but even if you have a specific health problem the doctors will still encourage you to eat fruit because of the benefits.

Just because you are over on a category on MFP does not mean you are eating wrong. I go over every day on vitamin C, Iron, and normally vitamin A, it doesn't mean that I am getting too much but I am getting more then the recommended daily allowance. That is just recommended amounts not maximum amounts.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

But if you do want to, please do so responsibly, with a safe word so nobody gets hurt.

It's highly unlikely that you will be hurt by Sugar and it's even more unlikely that you will hurt Sugar yourself.

You can keep Sugar down if you'd like to. Some say Sugar prefers it down there.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I stopped looking at the sugar too and just cut down on or eliminated added sugar in food and drinks.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Safe words are for pansies.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

It's highly unlikely that you will be hurt by Sugar and it's even more unlikely that you will hurt Sugar yourself.

You can keep Sugar down if you'd like to. Some say Sugar prefers it down there.

Exactly. The thing to remember is that, whatever your reasons for enjoying control, this sort of thing is fun for everyone involved.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Safe words are for pansies.

:laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • tamsinh96
    tamsinh96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ok that's brilliant thank you everyone!