Meal Replacement shakes

Options
Have any of you tried meal replacement shakes? Im stuck I gain 5 loose 5. I need to do something diffrent. I have managed to keep off 65+ pounds for almost 2 years. Its time to push harder. Any suggestions? Please note I cannot do high intensity exercises due to injuries in my upper body)

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You can make your own, I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to give you their recipes! I'm curious though, why do you think a meal replacement shake will help you lose 5 pounds? A meal is a meal as far as calories go. Are you perhaps having too much sodium and not enough water?
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Instead of the premade ones (which average about 18 grams of protein) I use Perfect Isopure low carb dutch chocolate protein shake - it is Whey protein and a shake for me consists of 1Tbsp of peanut butter, a cup of water, a cup of ice and two scoops of powder. A little over 300 calories with 50 grams of protein.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Have any of you tried meal replacement shakes? Im stuck I gain 5 loose 5. I need to do something diffrent. I have managed to keep off 65+ pounds for almost 2 years. Its time to push harder. Any suggestions? Please note I cannot do high intensity exercises due to injuries in my upper body)

maybe you ar not calcuting your caloric intake properly? Do you use MFP guidelines of TDEE minus a deficit?
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think those meal replacement shakes are crap. You're better off making your own, preferably a fruit smoothie.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I personally love Shakeology. I was never able to eat breakfast, that was the only meal I truly struggled with. I was looking into different shakes and took the bag of Shake O into my doctor because I am breast feeding and he told me if was good to take still. It tastes great, it's affordable and there are tons of recipes for each flavor. I have the chocolate and strawberry vegan...I throw them into my magic bullet with some spinach, strawberries, banana, almond milk and ice. It's super yummy and has helped me get over my plateau. I wish you the best of luck. Feel free to add me, if not for anything more than support and motivation :smile:
  • Mare7560
    Mare7560 Posts: 18
    Options
    I use IdealShape. The are affordable and they have a meal replacement bar that is really good. One of the main reasons I like them is because they focus on changing the way you think about food and your bad habits so it helps keep the weight off. Just sayin...