Ultimate Reset

I already know that the body cleanses itself and detoxifies on its own. But anyone ever try Ultimate Reset? If so what were your thoughts? I am just trying to understand the science behind it as to why it costs so dang much.

Replies

• lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    I am actually about to start in beginning of April. The body does cleanse itself, but not 100%. This will not only help, but also teach you how to eat better. Besides the nutrition guides and dvds, there are also 6 supplements that come with it that are taken through the UR.

I have a bunch of friends who have done it, a few even just finished their second time. I know a lot of people, especially on here, are completely against any kind of cleanse or detox, especially an expensive one. But I have seen it work so well for so many. With all the processed and chemical full food we eat, I understand that sometimes our bodies need a little reboot.

I think if you really want to understand how it works, check out the page for it. It explains it better then I ever could. Also, just google it. You can find a lot of unbiased opinions that way from people who have already done it.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    I'm on day 16 of the Reset. The cost - could be because of all of the supplements that yout ake multiple times a day and there are 6 different ones that you go through that differ for each phase.

I personally feel it has been worth it. It helps you eliminate foods gradually that are harsh on digestion and at the same time removes commond food allergens from your diet to give your body a break. This knocks out 2 birds with one stone because when you slowly reintroduce foods back into your diet you do it slowly so you can pay attention to your body and see what makes you feel ill or gassy/bloated so you can continue to avoid those foods to keep your body running smoothly. :-)
  • I am on day 17 of the ultimate reset and i can honestly tell you that I am feeling much better. I don't feel so bloated. I'm not having the headaches I had before, and I love fruits and veggies anyway, so that hasn't been a problem either. Did you end up trying it?
  • RoseTears, I see that you were doing the Reset, and your last post here says you were on day 16. Did you finish it? Would love to hear your results!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I did it when it first came out and it was a horrible experience. It started me on a terrible downward spiral that I'm still struggling with my health over. I think because I was already at a good weight, but just wanted more of a detox, it was missing a good portion of what i needed in my diet. If you have a large amount of weight to lose and are very very committed to a strict routine and have no desire to exercise. It's a good plan, it's very expensive, but many of beachbody's items are. It's quality and has been determined to work, for me it didn't.

You must be willing to cook every meal 3x per day, on a strict vegan plan. You are going to also spend a fortune on items you probably have never bought before and it will change your pantry. I enjoyed the recipes and use them. They have facebook accounts set up for people on the system for support. I went through it immediately when it came out, and that support was still in the making.

My own beachbody coach, dropped me off her facebook support group because I wasn't happy with the program. Instead of telling me or reminding me that I could get a full refund if not satisfied, I was told not to talk about my negative experience because it would hurt her business. Very disappointing and not handled well IMO.

I think they have now added a multivitamin or something which was not originally part of the program. It's definitely a detox diet and you will know through highs and lows. I've done detox diets before, and my own personal opinion is that there are less expensive plans with similar results out there.