Tell us something u did u never thought u could!

Options
atynk
atynk Posts: 400 Member
Last night, I went riding with a friend and we completed a 20 km (appx 29km an hour) bike ride, followed by a 4 km run... now even in the triathlon I did it was only 10 km and 2 km run... so I am soo amazed that now i am at this level where I can keep up to people who have been riding their whole lives!
I used to think doing an entire traithlon would never be possible for me, but I am thinking by next summer I could def be in good enough shape to compete in one

This is coming from a girl who only runs 2km max ever!

Now share something you have accomplished that you might not have before!

Replies

• debwilson
    debwilson Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a 54 year old woman who is training to run a 5K in November. I never thought I would ever run. Now it is true that I have only started the training program, but every mountain climb starts with that first step!!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 miles this morning without stopping.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Gave birth! Bwahahahah! :)
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I would ever be able to fit into a size 5! Let alone WITHOUT
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I would ever be able to fit into a size 5! Let alone WITHOUT a muffin top!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Take 3 days off from exercising after only having max, two rest days. I feel so lazy but I know my body needs it. I've become sooo addicted to working out.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Well I've given birth but it's not something I never though I could do. :wink:

I would say: complete a Half-marathon.

When I first saw triathlon in the 80s, I thought "I'll never do that" because of the running. Running and I have never gotten along. But I did the Couch to 5K program and now running is my best event! (But I still like swimming and biking more).
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Samantharose8akaDebbie Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    At age 46, I never thought I would fit back into a size 7 pair of jeans.....................oh Yeah baby!
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Last week I played tennis with my hubby for an hour straight! I know it doesn't sound like THAT big of an accomplishment but about 6 weeks ago getting up from the couch and manually changing the channel on the tv was exercise ;o)
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Look forward to my daily work out.
  • Rhaeven
    Rhaeven Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Had a major virus attack my lungs about 3yrs ago, it was so bad I couldn't even walk from my couch to my bathroom (less than 12-15feet away). Never thought I'd get any kind of lung function and ability to exercise back.

I can now walk (and when I have the extra time it takes I do it) 6-12miles easy-peasy and am able to jog with my kids and dogs for about a minute, which is a miracle for me! Going to start C25K in the next few weeks (maybe next week) with my youngest (hes 10) son. :) Never thought I'd get off the couch again after being sick
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Couple weeks ago I ran 36min at 5mph (3miles) without stopping, I didnt think I would ever be able to do that
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    I never thought I'd be able to run 4 miles...I did and I cried after. :blushing:

I never thought I'd be in the 150's...here I am at 158. :happy:

I never thought I'd be able to have a picture taken with my sister and look normal next to her. Done and I cried after I saw that picture too. :laugh:

I never thought I'd cry so much because I was happy. :smile:
  • ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    Options
    I completed my first triathlon! Who knew!?!?!?!?!?!
  • thedman
    thedman Posts: 18
    Options
    Participated in the MS Bike Ride in May. 79 miles each day. 158 miles total. Boy was I tired on Sunday but it sure felt good. Correction, it felt AWESOME!!

Got about 20 more pounds to lose before I start training (running) for my first Sprint Triathlon next spring.