when did you drop a size?

Options

Replies

• JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I have lost a little over 30 pounds and gone from a 12-10 to a size 6. I think it depends on where you are loosing.... I have been running so my thighs and my stomach have gotten smaller. I'd say be brave and go try stuff on just to see.... you be amazed!
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    5ft 3 16lbs down (actually 22 as I'd lost a few pounds before I found MFP) down from a U.K. 16 to a 14 in SOME things my size 14 jeans are still a BIT tight but I can do them up. I NEVER think it's all totally about clothes size tho, at my lifetime heaviest I was still a size 16. My lovely mum in law couldn't believe how much weight I'd gained when I told her, my sister guessed my weight to be 28lbs lighter than I really was. MAYBE I'm just one of the lucky few who never really look the weight I am. I just KNOW i feel healthier and look at food differently since I found this amazing place that is MFP.
    x
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    No one will be the same, it's dependent on your body type. It takes me 20-30 pounds to drop a pants size right now.
  • jdekost81
    jdekost81 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am 5'6 and last year when I lost 60 pounds, I dropped two pants sizes. I started at a very tight 26 and dropped down to a 22.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I bought a belt and did not buy anything new until I had lost over 80# early last September. I used a belt until then. I went from a tight 24W to a size 18 between March and September 2012. The last pair of jeans I bought were a size 8, three weeks ago.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    In absolutely no relation to my weight.

I've dropped 3 dress sizes now and each time at different amount of weight lost.
  • ehardy1103
    ehardy1103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 38 lbs and all depending on the brand/cut of clothes.. I'm between 22 (where I started) to some 14's... Even one size smaller is a very good thing :)
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Im yo yoing between 38-40lbs lost. I was almost in a size 20 when I started in nov at 239. I am at 203 now wearing a 16 nicely. Have some 14's I can wear. I am 5'4.
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5" and I've lost around 72 pounds. I've gone from a tight size 18 (like really tight. I just refused to buy a size that started with 2) to a comfortable 12, though I could probably at this point squeeze into a tight 10. So, 4 sizes in 72 pounds? I also work out a lot and do lift, so I think I've maintained my muscle mass pretty well, which helps you to lose sizes in fewer pounds. I'm still about 15 pounds overweight, so when I reach my first goal I expect to be in a comfortable size 10.
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    every 12 pounds that I lost.. I dropped a size. In my weightloss journey.. I have lost 85 pounds and gone from a size 16/18 to a size 00/0. :)

P.S. I don't lift weights, therefore I don't have a lot of muscle mass- if i had more mass, I probably wouldn't have gone down so many sizes.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My pants fit exactly the same as the day I started. I'm guessing it will be around 50 or so before I drop my first size. Saves on buying new clothes! It really just depends on your body and where you carry the weight and were you lose from.
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 started (not on MFP) at 229 lbs & now at 194 lbs and only dropped one dress size, however I am in a smaller (UK) size 18 pair of jeans so think I am toning through exercise too :-)
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5'3". Started at 196, probably a tight 14. Dropped to size 12 around 165 (so, 30 pounds). Currently at 152 and not quite fitting into 10s yet.
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and lost two pants sizes from 18-14 with a loss of 35lbs...

I have been lifting heavy over the last couple of months and lost 6 lbs and dropped another two pants sizes to a size 10....

go figure.
  • djmodernroq
    Options
    I dropped a size about a week ago. I am currently 132-133 waist size and starting to fit into a medium shirt/ t-shirt.
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I noticed a change about every 20 lbs. I always have lost more inches than weight, but that is me personal.

I started MFP last January and was a size 16/18, by April of last year, I was a size 10/12.
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", and I have lost almost 22 lbs and am down a little over two sizes (from a 12 in pants/dresses to an 8/some 6s).
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 27lbs and still wearing the same clothes ... they are looser but not big enough to go down a size. Some of my clothes were really tight when I started so that can be why they still fit! :)
  • EjaneK11
    EjaneK11 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I lost 19 pounds and able to fit into my old jeans that were a size 8. I was starting to get into a 9 before I lost the weight. But I still can't buy new jeans because some jeans I am still in between sizes. :/
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of the 5'7" too! I have lost 38 pounds as of today and because my clothes were soooo tight when I started, I have yet to go down a size. But hopefully one day!