6'4'' 196-190 lbs. - BFP Down! (Progress Pics!)

Options
jay11284
jay11284 Posts: 42 Member
Hey everyone. This is my first time posting on my own thread to share some progress photos.

I am 29, 6'4'' and weight 190lbs. I have been hitting the gym 4 days a week and counting calories. I notice more definition in my midsection since I've dropped the last few pounds. I was eating a calorie deficit to drop weight between these photos which is why I think I don't see as much muscle growth as I'd like.

The progress photos below show my change from late January to mid April. My goal is to gain more muscle mass and still get to a lower body fat percentage. I know it's not possible to do both of these at the same time so I may do a cycle of bulking and cutting.

I guess my question for you guys is should I continue to eat at a calorie deficit and continue to drop fat or should I eat more and keep on lifting heavy?

wIkM79A.jpg

Replies

• jay11284
    Options
    bump
  • GregLeatherman
    Options
    I'm heavier than you, but I have also been able to put on muscle. The one thing I think I can safely say is that you could just add protein in the form of boiled eggs, tuna, etc. and not blow up your diet. Good luck!
  • jay11284
    Options
    I'm heavier than you, but I have also been able to put on muscle. The one thing I think I can safely say is that you could just add protein in the form of boiled eggs, tuna, etc. and not blow up your diet. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I have been trying to keep my protein intake high (1 gram of protein for each pound I weigh). Hopefully that continues to help. I will keep an eye on my progress and adjust my diet/workout accordingly I guess.

I just don't want to keep working out and not get anywhere before summertime.

Thanks again for your response.
  • rijhip
    rijhip Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good Job. I'm 52 and have been lifting for years. My body type just doesn't allow me to gain much muscle. I've done all the protein drinks and pre-workouts and all that stuff and they help some, but I just can't add a lot mass. I've seen others in my situation.

With that said, your body type may be able to gain muscle, but I think it's a good idea to keep a sensible approach and not overdo it. Creatine may help your add muscle and I haven't heard of too many side effects. Sounds like you are eating enough protein. I would stay away from the pre-workout drinks. They make you feel good and get great pumps, but I don't trust the manufacturers.
  • GregLeatherman
    Options
    He is right. Creatine is safe according to all the evidence out there.
  • jay11284
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.

As things stand now I'm going to go back to eating at a calorie deficit while still eating a lot of protein each day. My goal is to trim down on some of my body fat still (especially in my mid section). I will keep on hitting the gym to stay strong and firm.

I will post more results before summer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!