365 days in a row

Options
Call it dedication call it being stubborn whichever I call it done. A year without missing, at least checking in. Being sick, out of the country, busy with work, busy with life in general, I took the 5 seconds to at least check in. I have watched people come and go, asking for help and then getting annoyed when you do. I have met my goal weight and then leveled out.
My point is, I'm not an expert nor do I pretend to be. I'm not a muscle-head who will tell you that you're working out wrong. I'm not a sales rep for any energy supplement and try to push product down your throat. I am a 43 year old normal guy who woke up and said I am sick of it. I'm sick of looking how I look, breathing heavy walking up stairs, I'm sick of looking back and wondering what happened? The decision was easy...stop drinking alcohol (personal reason due to the disease "*kitten*-itis") and put the fork down. The work came after, like it does for all of us. Making time to workout, illness, hitting the wall, boredom, the brain vs. the body struggle. It doesn't matter, its your journey. It doesn't matter how many steps you take as long as you take the first step. So if anybody would like to add me as a friend for encouragement and support, I will do my best just don't get pissed at me when I ask where are you at after not checking in for 5 days.

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Great dedication! and great KHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN
  • kenny7734
    kenny7734 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks! Yea....I'm a bit of a nerd
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Nerds shall inherit the Earth. LLAP
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
    Happy 1 year!
  • TamaraDB79
    TamaraDB79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Woot that is awesome! I feel the same way right now, sick of it! Making some positive changes :)
  • Mommypeanut
    Options
    Good for u. I am impressed! I am one that comes and goes but hasn't really started! Mondays keep coming and going and I keep making my excuses. I have a lot of work to do, but I haven't given up. (Although when does one admit to oneself that they have given up?) I have a sister who keeps saying "I don't want my kids to remember me fat." Her kids are now 21 and 19 and 17...! I don't want that to be me ;(
  • smikulicz
    smikulicz Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love your post and congratulations on 1 year!
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job. Way to stick with the program. It does become a habit to check in everyday and it keeps me going, as does posts like yours.
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great work and dedication! I'm also over the year mark...actually 460 some days! It does become habit for sure!
  • mojo1115
    mojo1115 Posts: 21
    Options
    Congrats on your 1 year!! I love you and am so proud of you! You inspire me every day.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Great job! =)

Woot wooty woot!
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    cool. ill add you up. need to find more active members~
  • djnusch
    djnusch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really liked your post, I love when people are straightforward. That's my goal 365 days in a row. I'm at 110 days now and cooking along. Knowing that people like yourself and other here having that kind of staying power helps keep me going. Thanks.
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How awesome! Inspiring even. Keep it up. =p
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Great post..very inspiring indeed
  • ergumm
    ergumm Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am on the road to making mfp a constant in my life and people like you inspire me and keep me honest! Well done! Great motivation!
  • sorting
    sorting Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great motivation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!