Anyone maintaining ?? I need company :-(

Options
Hi, i have deleted my original mfp profile because i wanted a fresh start now that i am maintaining. I would really love to have some friends that are also in mainenance mode. It is the most importaint part of the whole weight loss i think. Im getting a bit lonely on here by myself :sad:

Replies

• crypticcalicocat
    crypticcalicocat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! I think motivation gets harder once you're maintaining, unless it's just me.
  • gypsylouiseporter
    Options
    you are right, it is easy to slacken off because your already there, next thing you know your weight is going up again. well not mine, took too long to get rid of it. i cant believe this thread isnt swarming with people maintaining?? i feel like im lost when i dont do my menu plan for the day and know what the calorie intake is. it keeps you from eating more calories than you need to maintain.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm in maintenance (have been since December) and would welcome more maintenance friends. I use MFP as a daily planner too! I also think it's helpful and inspiring to see what other people in maintenance are doing both from a food & exercise standpoint.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining too, and like you, I feel so alone somedays. I'm currently messing with the numbers to find my "sweet spot" as I entered maintenance a couple of months ago, but yet have lost 2 more pounds. I think partially I'm just scared to eat more because I've been in deficit mode for almost 2 years with the odd week off here and there.
  • Cassidygriego
    Cassidygriego Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining as well! Feel free to add :)
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Welcome to Maintaining, and Congratulations!! It is Hard work, but it is SO Worth it!! I have been Maintaining for a little over 2 Years.
  • PrimalSiren
    PrimalSiren Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm maintaining, but I haven't been on MFP lately because it just doesn't keep my attention. Its probably because I don't have very active friends on here.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hopefully this Thread will be Active for a Long Time to come!!
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance mode for over a year now and managed to keep the weight off but MFP is my security blanket, I feel lost without it. Feel free to add me as a friend if you want
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Maintaining bikers of the world unite!!

I've only been maintaining since January (biking since the last ice age though...).
    Feel free to add me.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I went into maintenance in January. I'm also still trying to find my sweet spot. I continue to lose a little bit, but very slowly, and I'm in the mid-range for a healthy weight for my height, so I'm not stressing over it . . . yet.