Weight loss-Calorie Deficit

Options
I know the 'healthiest" way to lose way is with a calorie deficit and exercise, but whose had successful weight loss with a calorie deficit alone, with little, to no exercise? My friend lost 50 pounds eating strictly at a calorie deficit of 1500 calories and exercised very little, and she looks amazing! Any success stories??

Replies

• ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight on 1500 with no strenuous excercise. I try to get a 30 minute walk every day and use handweights for a few minutes every night. It is working for me.
  • inyourdreams21
    inyourdreams21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22 pounds strictly on deficit
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I lost about 10 lbs last summer w/o too much exercise (I was working 12-16hr days so no time).

However, since I'm around 17% body fat, I think exercise is necessary if you're at a healthy weight and want to lose a bit more to get the niced toned look.
  • amyrrector
    Options
    My mom lost a little over 50lbs on diet alone at 50+ years of age! (from 223lbs to 160s)
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Anyone on weight watchers who doesn't exercise has success with it. I know a woman who has lost 30 lbs on it and never exercises.
  • Perfectionist15
    Options
    My cousin has, she's lost 34 pounds with a calorie deficit alone. She exercises very little, and she doesn't even do weight watchers. She eats whatever she wants but it proportions.