anything else I could try to help me lose more/faster

Options
I'v been walking 2 to 3 miles 4 to 6 days a week. I drink only water and I have cut back on what I eat, I drink a protein shake in the mornings and been eating healthier as well. I have been doing this since Feb 25th. I have lost only 13 pounds and I feel like I'm not really getting any where I keep getting stuck to where Im not losing any weight. When I look in the mirror I don's see a difference but some of my clothes are looser. Does anyone know of some other stuff I could try to lose more weight a little faster????

Replies

• amyrrector
    Options
    I said the same thing to my doctor she said "walking isnt intense enough" bump it up some! jog a little, walk faster.. something, anything to get your heart rate up more.
  • ayeggy12
    ayeggy12 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you. :) I just started walking and jogging yesterday so hopefully it will help.
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I suggest to try lifting weights. Theres alot of nice routines out there including video's on youtube. Adding some muscle would burn more calories passively and drop inches and firm your body up. Either try to find a gym around you with a decent rate or pick up a set of free weights off craigslist for not that much.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    what's wrong with 13lbs in less than 2 months???
  • dunlapjean
    Options
    I was recently told not to worry about the pounds if your clothes are feeling differant then you are losing!
    I have lost ten pounds in four weeks and was getting kinda down, but im losing in inches! So keep up the good work!
  • ayeggy12
    ayeggy12 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you all! I will have to try the weights.
    I just feel down when I keep getting stuck I feel like I should have lost more by now. I keep seeing all these people hardly do anything and losing weight like crazy.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with 13lbs in less than 2 months???

My thoughts exactly! OP- you're doing fine. Keep it up.
  • nannyal
    nannyal Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm with you, 13lbs is great