No Junk Food Challenge

Options
uFLCvF7.jpg?1
I'm hoping this picture works!
Does someone want to do this with me? I know there's something to be said for not depriving yourself of things in moderation, but honestly I just don't have the self-discipline to only have 1 cookie or only have a few chips. I want to try cutting those things out completely and see if that is more effective. I'd love to have someone do this with me; we could keep each other accountable. Anyone interested? It's only for 21 days, which is how long it's supposed to take to make something a habit.

Replies

• castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Would almond butter count as a "naughty spread"? I mean, I need something to put on waffles... Because I could so do this for 21 days. When would we start? Sunday? And would all dessert be out, or only ones with refined junk in them? Just trying to clarify so I would know how to adjust my diet.
  • marlown
    marlown Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Junk food meaning sweets, like cookies, cake, ice cream, donuts, etc. and savory junk food like chips, crackers, fast food, etc.? I'm up for the challenge. I need to break my addiction - can't eat just one of most sweets, chips, etc.... I, too, think it would help to commit to a period of abstinence.
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    YES I'm in! I will start tomorrow...can't wait :bigsmile: I've been terrible recently with food and have put on some weight so gotta sort it out!
  • MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hah. Unless we're counting falafel as junk food I already do that every day.
    I prefer to drink my empty calories ;)

I <3 Wine
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No way. Seems like the best recipe for binging.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Starting Sunday, plan tomorrow lol.... I need to break my snacking habit, I also can't just have a *few* chips etc. For my health and well being, I need to cut a few things out and cut them out for good.
  • stargazer008
    Options
    No way. Seems like the best recipe for binging.

Very true
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    There's a group for this set up already folks :smile:

Here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/188-21-day-no-junk-food-challenge
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    What's wrong with peanut butter? As long as you eat it in moderation it has health benefits:)
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter, but I end up eating A LOT in one go so it's better for me to just avoid it I'm afraid :blushing: