green tea for weight loss??

Options
has anyone found any truth in this or is it just another myth?!

Replies

• overshadows
    overshadows Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering this myself... It can't hurt to be drinking more water, anyway. I've tried to sub it out for my coffee, which saves me calories from sweetener and creamer.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Myth
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Replacing your latte or capachino coffee with a green tea would help. No added sugar/ milk in green tea. And I found it curbs appetite! And also made me a bit more thirsty so I also drank more water. Gets rid of retained water. Plus iv grown to like the taste of it and enjoy it now
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with brinsy! I drink two cups a day. At the very least, it stops me from getting an afternoon espresso (w/ cream and sugar). I think it also helps me drink more water.
    I'm not replacing my morning coffee with it though! The line has to be drawn somewhere!! hahahah
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I love it now actually. And from tomorrow I'm going to try to have just one coffee a week! And green tea every other day. Soon ul actually look forward to your green tea!
  • blondee5711
    Options
    They say it boosts your metabolism and stuff, I don't know how your suppose to tell that! BUT I think if you like the taste of tea it helps for weight loss because I find it helps curb cravings, it fills you up for a bit, and its lower calorie than how I would usually drink my coffee! :) so yes, any kind of tea seems to be good for weight loss.
  • k916and
    k916and Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Green tea has so many benefits. It's very healthy for you and is a great substitute for coffee. Green tea is supposed to speed up your metabolism. It tastes good with raw honey. Google it yo see all the studies done on it it's its many benefits.
  • _Cheyanne_
    _Cheyanne_ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit= weight loss. The tea can aid in those efforts by replacing something else. I like to drink (hot) tea because I find it helps me curb cravings. However the tea itself does not directly impact your weight loss efforts