weigh

butterfly4u2us
butterfly4u2us Posts: 39
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
I am confused about weighing.I am trying to fiqure things out.I have heard people say that if you eat something it may not show up on the scale to the next week.Even a nurse told me this.I have seen on shows where they say it can show up the next day.I just want to understand so that i won't be disappointed and know when I am going the right thing. I was loosing two pounds a week.Then it came to a stand still.I couldn't fiqure it out because as far as i know i am doing everything right. Then I fiqured that i was drinking too much of that sugar free creamer. I seen how many calories it had. I was aiming for one pond a week and then try to maintain that one pound loss. So when i stoped the creamer,i lost 1 pound and was back at my weight from two weeks before.I was goiung to try and maintain that weight for the week. Two days later I got on the scale and had gained the pound back.I had not done anything wrong. So I said forget it.I guess my body doesn't want to go lower right now. I said I will just eat healthy,exercise and try to maintain my weight. My sister has cancer and that has me upset so I said that is another reason right now I will try to maintain and not worry about the scale. Well yesterday for some reason I felt lighter. Last night at 12 am I was eating frozen yogurt because i didn't care anymore. Yes friozen yogurt because i am going to still be healthy.lol I wasn't going to get on the scale but i did. At my baby's two am feeding.I decided to check because I did not want to gain too much from eating so late.I got on the scale and had lost two pounds. Then when I gon on the scale at eight this morning.I was down another pound. I do not understand it. So I have lost three.I got my dh to ge on the scale and check it.It is a brand new scale and nevre changes. It can make you mad.lol He said it was right. So does anybody have a clue what the deal is? Can anybody help me understand about weighing.Maybe I am getting upset over nothing. Now i am going to try and maintain for a week and maybe loose another pound.I am scared i am going to gain it back.Even though I eat healthy and exercise.I am not on a diet but a healthy life style.No fast food only healthy food. Which I have never been crazi about fast food except pizza and ice cream.I am just as ghappy with fat free yogurt.

Replies

• I am confused about weighing.I am trying to fiqure things out.I have heard people say that if you eat something it may not show up on the scale to the next week.Even a nurse told me this.I have seen on shows where they say it can show up the next day.I just want to understand so that i won't be disappointed and know when I am going the right thing. I was loosing two pounds a week.Then it came to a stand still.I couldn't fiqure it out because as far as i know i am doing everything right. Then I fiqured that i was drinking too much of that sugar free creamer. I seen how many calories it had. I was aiming for one pond a week and then try to maintain that one pound loss. So when i stoped the creamer,i lost 1 pound and was back at my weight from two weeks before.I was goiung to try and maintain that weight for the week. Two days later I got on the scale and had gained the pound back.I had not done anything wrong. So I said forget it.I guess my body doesn't want to go lower right now. I said I will just eat healthy,exercise and try to maintain my weight. My sister has cancer and that has me upset so I said that is another reason right now I will try to maintain and not worry about the scale. Well yesterday for some reason I felt lighter. Last night at 12 am I was eating frozen yogurt because i didn't care anymore. Yes friozen yogurt because i am going to still be healthy.lol I wasn't going to get on the scale but i did. At my baby's two am feeding.I decided to check because I did not want to gain too much from eating so late.I got on the scale and had lost two pounds. Then when I gon on the scale at eight this morning.I was down another pound. I do not understand it. So I have lost three.I got my dh to ge on the scale and check it.It is a brand new scale and nevre changes. It can make you mad.lol He said it was right. So does anybody have a clue what the deal is? Can anybody help me understand about weighing.Maybe I am getting upset over nothing. Now i am going to try and maintain for a week and maybe loose another pound.I am scared i am going to gain it back.Even though I eat healthy and exercise.I am not on a diet but a healthy life style.No fast food only healthy food. Which I have never been crazi about fast food except pizza and ice cream.I am just as ghappy with fat free yogurt.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

Here's a great article that explains many of the mysteries of the scale.

I believe that if you must weigh, do it at the same time of day, wearing the same clothing. I prefer once a week, maximum.

Better yet, take your measurements every two weeks.

Sorry to hear of your sister's illness. Take care.:flowerforyou:
  • mwildmann
    mwildmann Posts: 6
    http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

Here's a great article that explains many of the mysteries of the scale.

This was a very informative article. Thanks for sharing it. I am normally a very rational person (by my own standards, of course) but when it comes to the scale I get crazy and obsessed.
This discussion has been closed.