Stay at Home Moms, Please!

Options

Replies

• Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a work at home mom of 3 (15, 7 and 4). I work almost full-time hours from home, my kids are in three different schools and all play ball. My life is crazy busy so I understand the temptations and the struggle to find time to work out. Feel free to add me
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a stay at home Mom of my almost 2 year old. For myself I figured out what healthy snacks satisfy my sweet tooth, and I added more veggies to our dinner plates and I found alternatives to snacks, like special k cracker chips. I also take the portion out instead of eating it out of the box.

I workout during naptime or after bedtime. My hubby isn't a big slacker, he only eats it if I bring it in the house, so I don't :)
  • KimberleyD2
    Options
    Hi My name is Kim & i am also a stay at home! I love being home with my kids & find it to be the best job ever! I did just start on MFP & looking to see how everything is on this page, & on all of them! This sight was told to me by some friends & i had to come & take a look! lol
  • juliestahle
    juliestahle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am a SAHM to three kiddos, 4 , 2 and 9 months, def can relate re the binge eating especially when kids are getting on my nerves.
    lol, anyways, i am finding that our investment in a blendtec has helped us a lot to make smoothies daily for us and the kids,
    would love some support and to support other moms.
    Julie
  • Shawnna_H
    Shawnna_H Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im also at a stay at home mom of 4 kids (15, 10, 9 and 7) its all about rutine. Add me if you like and you can check out my profile and food diary too :)
  • LoveAndInsanity
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I'm a 22 year old sahm (10 month old & 4 year old) and I know exactly what you mean about falling off of the wagon repeatedly. I am committing to this completely now and I would love to join others on their journey to get fit! I'm still new to the state i moved to 3 years ago and with me being a sahm it's a little more challenging to meet other women my age or in a similar lifestyle so I am excited to begin and gain support and be able to encourage others as well!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    IM A STAY A T HOME MOM WITH A 6 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER
  • LoveAndInsanity
    Options
    Im also at a stay at home mom of 4 kids (15, 10, 9 and 7) its all about rutine. Add me if you like and you can check out my profile and food diary too :)

Would you mind if I added you? I myself am struggling to establish a routine and find myself doing things all helter skelter :/
  • chris91011
    Options
    sahm of a 20 mth girl who is underweight picky as hell and too busy to eat. I am good at eating her leftover which is the majority of her food. I feel guilty throwing so much away. anyways... ideas and support needed
  • bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM too!... My son is 5.5 months old! Feel free to add me too!
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You don't need exercise to lose weight, that is only a bonus. About 70% of what you put in your mouth will determine weight loss. Grab some motivation and willpower and the pounds will come off.
  • Josh_92_
    Josh_92_ Posts: 23
    Options
    hey Add me :)
  • MrsCoachP
    MrsCoachP Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to 3 boys ages 3 yrs, 2 yrs and 2 mos. It can be a struggle to make wise food choices and exercise but when I do I feel better I will be adding you and several of the SAHM from this forum!
  • jelk8881
    jelk8881 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a 24 yr old stay at home mom. With a soon to be 3 year old and an 8 month old. I do find it difficult cause your so busy and you grab a quick snack which is usually something fatty. When I feed them breakfast I get myself some too and eat while they are. And same thing for lunch. I usually eat what my 3 year old is eating so its not an unhealthy breakfast or lunch either. I wish all of you good luck. And feel free to add me.
  • dinomomma
    dinomomma Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    31 year old SAHM to a 9 year old and a almost 17 month old :D
    Feel free to add me!
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Try buying good calorie foods only fruits, veg's, low cal snacks. I find if I don't have alot of snacks in house, I don't eat them....
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I was a SAHM for years before I went back to work almost 4 years ago. I was actually in better shape then than I am now. Mostly due to being busier now and having a hard time now to fit in the gym, and mainly having to just workout at home. Anyway when I stayed at home I had a scheduled and I stuck to it! I got the kids up made everyone breakfast, went to the gym, came home and made everyone lunch, put them down for a nap (when they were younger), and while they were napping I showered, cleaned up lunch, paid bills, etc. I was always too busy to just be sitting and eating or realizing I was hungry. I think the other key as well is to get all the processed junk out so that you aren't tempted by it. I always had fruit and veggies cut up and ready to go so they were easier to grab and go. Again I think the main thing is a schedule and routine, at least for my girls and I it was!
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I totally understand! I have two boys, 3yrs and 19 months. It gets really stressful sometimes being home alone all day everyday with them. Especially when it rains or is too cold to play outside.

It really helps me that I have the app on my phone, which is pretty much always in my pocket. If I take a bit of something, I enter it. It also helps a lot that I am doing P90x. I do it at nap/quiet time, and it's way easier for me to get my workout in when I don't have to leave the house.
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm the same, I have a 7 year old who is normally at school but I have a very clingy 2 year old, I try and go out walking with her...add me!! Amy from UK
  • melimel9
    melimel9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. I'm a SAHM too and I completely get it. I have a demanding 18month old. It's hard at times to get my workouts in. I do Zumba and elliptical. I try to dance around my son when I Zumba LOL!! He finds it entertaining. The days I do elliptical, I either put on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or have him play next to me. I'll add you as a friend and please do the same. I have no friends on here