Options
2»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    So I started April 1

Getting discouraged....

First, don't get discouraged! One thing I had to come to grips with is, I didn't get out of shape in a few months, I certainly wasn't going to back in shape that quick. Really, 3 weeks is a short time frame to track results. Stick with what you are doing for a few months and then check in.

And weight fluctuates greatly. I weighed-in this morning and technically I was up almost 2 pounds. However, after working out this afternoon I weighed-in at work for a fitness challenge and I am down over 3 pounds there. Go figure.

KEPP AT IT! Track honestly and everything. Exercise regularly, You will see reuslts over time.

All the best!
  • StaticEntropy
    StaticEntropy Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    More likely water retention in your muscles. Drink plenty of water to help flush it through, and weighing the morning after a rest day will give you the most accurate representation of your actual weight.

Would bet money on this being the issue.

OP, read this: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • mattashbrock
    Options
    Scooby's workshop has a nice muscle mass grown predictor tool. Even under ideal conditions of diet and working out most people will not gain much more that 10 to 12 pounds of muscle per YEAR. Unless you have the perfect storm of genetics, nutrition, and working out and are a male you might be able to see significantly larger gains but unlikely that those 3 pounds are muscle.
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The 3500cal= 1lb is correct. As for muscle gain it can vary from person to person. When I first enlisted I weighed 130 at the end of basic I weighed 160 at 8% body fat. I stayed at 160 for the past couple years and in january of this year decided I wanted to be a bit heavier. On Jan 3rd I weighed 160 at 15% body fat as of today I'm 180 and 13% body fat. Thats just my personal example. Granted I have to eat like a horse and train like all get out, but its worth it.