Post weight loss adventures at the DMV (pic)

Options
marlabelle
marlabelle Posts: 55 Member
So I want to start with this is the closest thing I have to a legit before and after picture. I had to renew my DL as it expires next week. I was nervous about doing this because I wasn't sure on how to prove my identity if the person behind the counter decided to question it based on how different I now look. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The lady at the DMV was verifying my information, got to my weight and said "no way you are 240lbs!" I replied "Which is why I couldn't renew online." I think this is possibly the one of the final steps in my transformation. I no longer need to worry about TSA or anyone else for that matter questioning if the person on my DL is me. Yay! In the first pic I was around 280 (yes, 240 on my DL was a big fat lie) and now I'm around 180! Boom!

DL2013_zps4d07c2fd.jpg

Replies

• GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    Good for you! I too got to get a new driver's license photo this year. I was thrilled to see I had a long slim neck and just one chin! Congratulations!
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love your comment on how getting a new driver's license photo was the final step of your transformation. I feel exactly the same way. I have about 10 pounds to lose in order to reach my goal weight. This has been a three year journey for me thus far. My entire life has been transformed for the better. Getting a new driver's licence photo will mark the end of my effort. I can't wait.
  • marlabelle
    Options
    I feel you. I really hoped to be at goal before I had to renew but these last 30lbs have been so stubborn. It's all good though. In 5 years I'll have another opportunity to get a new picture that looks better than the one before! :wink:
  • post191rickdye
    post191rickdye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My license said 170 lbs (which was most likely a big fat lie!) I now weigh 137 and had trouble getting my license back from a security guard when I was leaving a building in DC last month... she didn't believe it was me!

Old me from my current license :-(

2qk2hyp.jpg

New me!

m833oz.jpg
  • marlabelle
    Options
    Nice! I mean, that sucks but in a good way. You've done a great job!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I remember getting to change the weight on my DL too, it was great! You look fantastic btw, congratulations on your success!
  • Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done, did you stretch yourself on a rack? Look at your long beautiful neck. Great job!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    that is awesome, you look great! i cant wait till i can compare my DL pics :) ty for the inspiration
  • candirose69
    candirose69 Posts: 149
    Options
    you have to put your weight on your DL in USA?? hahaha I wonder how many are actually accurate XD
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    "BOOM" is right! Way to go, girl. Obviously I don't know you...but I'm super happy for you. This is great; made my week! :)
  • tinytasha7
    tinytasha7 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    you have to put your weight on your DL in USA?? hahaha I wonder how many are actually accurate XD

Where are you that you don't? I'm in Canada and my weight (also not even close to accurate) is on it. In one of my former jobs I used to see driver's licences from all over the world. I don't recall one that didn't have height and weight on them.
  • HappyKite
    HappyKite Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and we (thankfully) don't have height adn weight on them.
    Great change, btw, well done.
  • tammymusic1
    tammymusic1 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS
    I need to go get mine redone too had a store clerk say the other day that is not you is it.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great transformation and fun story! Hard to tell from face alone but I would have never guessed you at 280 in the before pic.

When I got my license at age 15, I told them I weighed 155. I was/am 5'11" and knew that was an "ideal" weight based on a formula I read about (5 pounds for every inch over 5'). I know I weighed more than that by at least 10-15 pounds but figured I could easily pass for 155 and could lose the extra weight easily enough. HAH!

My DL weight stayed at 155 until a few years ago, despite my weight being as high as the 250's since I had my son in 1998. I don't really recall when it changed, but I'm sure one of the DMV employees decided there was no way in hell I weighed anywhere near 155 and she was just gonna correct that shizz herself.

My DL now reads 185, and I'm cool with that. In fact, I think that's what I set my MFP goal weight to be :bigsmile:
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats! :)
  • minivegrunner
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing. you took a nice DL picture too, which is pretty hard to do for most! lol
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Where are you that you don't? I'm in Canada and my weight (also not even close to accurate) is on it. In one of my former jobs I used to see driver's licences from all over the world. I don't recall one that didn't have height and weight on them.

I'm from Australia and we don't have weight or height on our DL. Only identifying things on them is the photo and our address and type of licence we hold e.g learners, car, motorcycle etc. plus once you have a full licence it's valid for 10 years!
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Where? I have an Ontario license with height but no weight.
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I'm from Australia and we don't have weight or height on our DL. Only identifying things on them is the photo and our address and type of licence we hold e.g learners, car, motorcycle etc. plus once you have a full licence it's valid for 10 years!

From Singapore here, and we also don't have our height or weight on our DL ;)
  • marlabelle
    Options
    Wow, well done, did you stretch yourself on a rack? Look at your long beautiful neck. Great job!

Thank you! :flowerforyou: - I remember reading long ago about how women are supposed to have "long swan necks." It's hard to believe that it was there all along.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!