Lumpy's story

Options
Megdonald1
Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
Hey. My name is Lumpy and I am new here. I wanted to share with you my story. Now when you look at me you might say “Ah his name fits” and well truth be told it does but it didn’t always. When I was younger, I am 7 now (49 in people years) I was slim and sleek and fast as the wind. But somehow somewhere along the way my name started to fit me more and more.
I have the best two legged Mom in the whole world but lately, in the last year and half, things have changed around my house. You see my Mom and I used to hang out on the couch and she would share treats with me like bites of ice cream and potato chips and lots of other yummy things. We had a good life chillin on the couch.

One day, Nov 28, 2011 to be exact, is when things started to change. Mom started leaving me every morning to go someplace new. When she came home she had lots of strange smells on her. It didn’t take long to learn it was a sweat smell. This went on for a while. Last spring Mom started taking me out for walks. In those days we barely walked a mile and Mom and I were breathing heavy and struggling to make it back to the car. I started noticing that Mom didn’t give me ice cream and potato chips much anymore. Suddenly my treats were bites of yummy chicken, steak, or lean pork chops. Sometimes Mom would toss me broccoli or some other veggie, I’d eat it to make her happy but I didn’t really like it.

In the fall Mom took me to a brand new place out in the woods with hills, and trees, and lots of interesting things to see and smell. It was a long walk!! Three and half miles she told me. We made that first time but my tail was drooping and I thought Mom and I might have a heart attack right then. But you know what? Mom and I kept at it. Each time we would go out it would get a little easier. During the winter this year Mom stepped up our game and took me on several longer hikes, 5-7 miles!!! Over time Mom and I have started going three or four times a week. Sometimes now Mom and I actually RUN when we are outside. It feels to go to be able to do that again. I am not as fast as I once was but that’s ok. We don’t get ice cream or potato chips but on special occasions now. We don’t sit and snuggle on the couch as much anymore either. But you know what? Mom is happier, healthier (she lost 46 lbs), and so am I (I lost a whole 5 lbs!!) I wouldn’t go back for anything.

Replies

• jersey_jenn
    jersey_jenn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    awww :D that made me smile :D congrats Lumpy, and congrats to your Mom too :D:D
  • ashleykenny8
    ashleykenny8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It's very nice to meet you Lumpy! You and your mom are doing a Great job together. Keep up the good work :)
  • ViDexSha
    ViDexSha Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hahaha..this is a great success story for both Lumpy and Mom! Keep up the good work! :)
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    So sweet!!! Congrats to you and your mom, Lumpy!! :heart: :heart:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    awesome story lumpy. Im very proud of and happy for you both!
  • nvstlrgrl
    nvstlrgrl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful story and Lumpy you are so cute :)
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Lumpy, tell your mama that she is the best and you are lucky to have her as a friend!!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story lumpy! You made me smile and made my day!
  • Megdonald1
    Megdonald1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I wanted to post before and after pics but Mom didn't know how to do it :( I still love her though.
  • Grandmaed
    Grandmaed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you both. You have come a long way..Keep up the good work.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    What a beautiful success story, this have touched my heart. I'm a mom of 2 cats and they're everything to me.

Congratulations on the weight lost and the health gaining to you both.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    so cute
  • lizbess1
    lizbess1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats Lumpy, My Patches is having back and hip issues right now and cannot exercise right now and his Grandma keeps giving him way too many treats because she feels sorry for him (he is stuck in a playpen on Dr's orders right now and has to be carried up and down stairs for the rest of his life) he is going to be 13 soon (91)
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wonderful, sweet story! I love it! Good for you both.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Adorable. :) Congrats!
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Wow, Lumpy, good job!!! Tell Mom she did all right, too. :bigsmile:
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, mom is awesome & Lumpy is for sure awesome!!!:flowerforyou:
  • aperradise
    aperradise Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Great job, Lumpy! You and your mom are doing amazing!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful story! :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    How did you learn to communicate in English? I would like to teach my cats.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So amazing! I love animal stories! So proud of you and your momma!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!