Calories burned p90x??

Options
I am going to be starting p90x soon and I wanted to know how many calories a person would burn.....I found this site http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises and all you do is enter your weight and the amount of time but im not sure how accurate it is...i randomly clicked on back and biceps and put my weight and the video time and it said 500 something calories!? Not sure how accurate that is...i just wanna get an idea on whether i am going to have to increase calories and what not.

Replies

• PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options
    Go with the P90X calculator... if you keep on gaining weight drop your intake by a few hundred calories. If you get dizzy often, pass out, or feel too weak increase your intake by a few hundred calories.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    depending on which workout, intensity, your stats, I would guess anywhere from 250 to 800 cals.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    Honestly it's going to depend on your intensity along with your weight stats. I was WAYYY off until I started using a heart rate monitor for my workouts. Good luck on your journey. It's tough but stick with it.
  • TwelveSticks
    TwelveSticks Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Or try this one: http://p90xcalories.com/
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I am really nervous about starting it up...I started it way back when i was out of shape and only stuck with it for 3 weeks. However, this time i am in better shape and ready!!
  • CoachColin
    Options
    It all depends on the person really. I definitely recommend a heart rate monitor to track calories burned. If your worried about finishing though I plan on doing a P90X facebook challenge group starting in early May. Message me for details if your interested.
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity and without my HRM I would be lost and most likely over estimating my calories burned. I also walk which I know use my HRM for that as well and though the calories weren't way off they were higher then they should have been. I suggest getting a HRM.
  • pandabear7486
    pandabear7486 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I might recommend a heart rate monitor (HRM). It'll give you a pretty accurate reading based off the stats you put in and your heart rate. You can get good ones for around $70. I found in my search that the Polar FT4 or FT7 were highly recommended.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    every workout you will burn differently... you will need a HRM to determine your calories burned but even then on the lifting videos there really is no sure way to calculate calories burned since when lifting its the calories burned after the workout that means the most.

Use a HRM for the cardio workouts and follow the nutrition book for the calories they suggest.... Or better yet go here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ and calculate your TDEE and eat that.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at HRM's but Im not sure which is the best. Ive been looking at the reviews. I just wanna make sure that the product is good before I fork out 70 plus bucks on it!
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i have the polar FT60... IMO its one of the best... you can find good deals on amazon or ebay. Defiantly worth it if you are serious about working out.
  • mverburgt
    mverburgt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started using the calculator on P90Xcalories.com and entered my weight, time, and mid intensity and entered the calculated number but I bought a HRM a few days ago and after using that I have found it to be within 40-50 calories of the calculator.