What if i spend all my calories on ice cream.

Options
Hi everyone.

So i was wondering. What if i decided to spend my caloric allowance for the day on junk food like ice cream or candy. Would i gain weight even though i am within my caloric limit?

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You'd lose weight still. Though you'd get sick after a while since Ice Cream will lack on nutrition.
  • minivegrunner
    Options
    I don't think so. I am vegan so I haven't done QUITE that......but I have spend my calories (mostly) on a vegan froyo alternative. XD I didn't gain anything.

Also... my 89 year old grandmother has eaten frozen yogurt for lunch nearly every day ever since I can remember, so I figure as long as you count the calories you're probably fine.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Well not really. But maybe! :) Because ice cream and those junk foods contain more fat than other foods.

And you wont get enough protein, nutrition.... .etc
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You won't gain weight. But you might feel like ****. I spent all my calories on kettle corn one day. And had no energy.
  • panano
    panano Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not a good idea - those kinds of foods slows down your metabolism, which of course means you won't burn as many calories as you usually do during the day. I did, however do that ONCE and vowed to never do it again. I felt sick, and was terribly bloated after and gained a bunch of water weight that took forever to get rid of...
  • Nicki_101
    Nicki_101 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have the odd cookie day......
  • keri3
    keri3 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Ugh....sigh.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    My sugestion is just to keep a few extra calories and go have yourself an ice cream.

Don't just eat all junk food.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you eat below maintenance calories (aka deficit)...than you lose weight. Is it healthy to eat JUST ice cream? Of course not. But just ice cream isn't going to magically make the calorie numbers not count
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Not a good idea - those kinds of foods slows down your metabolism, which of course means you won't burn as many calories as you usually do during the day. I did, however do that ONCE and vowed to never do it again. I felt sick, and was terribly bloated after and gained a bunch of water weight that took forever to get rid of...

Not true. Show me a peer reviewed study that says having one day of ice cream or including it regularly is going to automatically slow down your metabolism.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    It will not slow your metabolism. Your metabolism is affected primarily by your weight and exercise. A high fat diet will not make you fat. And ice cream contains protein.

That being said, yes you could still lose weight. However, be prepared for a tummy ache and probably the sh**s.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I have the odd cookie day......

I ate a whole container of cookies for dinner last week. Still had a deficit for the day. It keeps me sane.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I'd love to read your source for this info. I've lost weight eating ice cream, and I've lost weight not eating ice cream-- I've never noticed any difference in metabolism based on different foods.

OP you would still lose weight. Google the twinkie diet. But you would not feel very good and wouldn't be particularly healthy long-term eating that way. You'd also probably be starving.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    If you didn't go over on calories, you would not gain fat. However, with poor nutrition, you are more likely to retain water which may reflect on the scale even though you didn't gain fat. I'm not saying that this would definitely happen, but I like to keep that in mind when I have more "junk" food than usual because even though I know it isn't possible to have gained 3 pounds of fat overnight when I didn't eat that much food in total, my psyche doesn't like seeing the fluctuations on the scale, either. My mind tricks me into thinking wrong things.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Bad food calories, especially unnatural sugar calories, are larger than calories in good food. These calories turn directly into body fat because your body cannot process them. Essentially, you enter starvation mode thus slowing your metabolism, and you gain fat from the ultra dense calories and unnatural sugars and toxins. Only a good detox cleanse to flush your fat and remove 20 pounds of fecal matter from your colon will save you now.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you don't fry your pancreas first.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Bad food calories, especially unnatural sugar calories, are larger than calories in good food. These calories turn directly into body fat because your body cannot process them. Essentially, you enter starvation mode thus slowing your metabolism, and you gain fat from the ultra dense calories and unnatural sugars and toxins. Only a good detox cleanse to flush your fat and remove 20 pounds of fecal matter from your colon will save you now.

No. Absolutely false.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    You'd lose weight still. Though you'd get sick after a while since Ice Cream will lack on nutrition.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options

No. Absolutely false.

Seconded. I think the mention of toxins, cleanse, and 20 lbs. of fecal matter should be the red flag that someone is trolololoing. Well, that and calories come in different sizes??? Now that's a new one I've never heard before.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I finished 2 Talenti Gelato's this past month(caribbean coconut & caramel cookie crunch) and was still in my calorie limit. I still lost weight.