My favorite salad EVER

Options
Jamiebee24
Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
TGI Fridays has a version this, or used to have this, on their menu. Haven't been there for a while, so I'm not sure if its back for the summer or not...

I had it for lunch today, and it was amazing...I could eat it all day long!!!

I use 2 cups romaine lettuce, a serving of reduced fat parm. cheese, 1 cup of strawberries, 1/4 or so cup of red onion and a serving of low fat/reduced fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Mix it all up---and enjoy!! :)

You can add some chicken, nuts, bacon, really anything else that you may think would be good. I had some grapes in it last week, and it was delish!!

I ate it with a 3oz can of tuna, and a piece of turkey bacon with green peppers and white onion. My lunch was absolutely amazing today!! :D Just had to share!!

Replies

• studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Fairly close to my favorite salad. I LOVE strawberries in my salads. I use raw spinach and strawberries, mandarin oranges, pecans and a red wine or raspberry vinaigrette but balsamic sounds tasty too!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing a salad for lunch. I'm doing 2 cups romaine lettuce, 2 tbsp. goat cheese, about 11 glazed pecans (pecans soaked in cane juice - yum!!!), 4 oz. baked chicken breast and some homemade honey mustard.
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Bob Evans has a similar one too. AWESOME!!! One of my favorites :heart:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    BUMPIN for later!
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Spinach-Salad-I/Detail.aspx

I cut calories down in the sauce by using Splenda..Its my boyfriends favorite salad!
  • erinmc
    erinmc Posts: 7
    Options
    sounds delish! i'll try it.
  • victorianjewel
    Options
    My favourite salad is 2 cups mixed baby greens, about 15 cashews, blackberries, goat cheese and my own honey mustard dressing (with props to Arielle for the idea)

Yummo!
  • cromrat
    cromrat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to add a few dried cranberries!!
  • jlanphear78
    jlanphear78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend Panera's Grilled Chicken Strawberry Poppyseed salad. It also has blueberries, pineapple, pecans, and mandarin oranges in it. It's also only 280 calories and it's a pretty big salad. I might be slightly addicted. :laugh: