What was for dinner tonight?

Options
AnnieH_4512
AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
I'm always looking for new healthy (and low carb!) dinner ideas! Tonight I had rotisserie chicken with a celery, cucumber, and lettuce salad with ranch dressing. Not very exciting, I know, but low carb, and tasty!!
What did YOU have?

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti-O's. :D haha. Got to love my lazy days.
  • ngottstein
    Options
    One of my favorite quick dinners is sweet italian turkey sausage sausage with onions & peppers - yum! That's what we had tonight. You can serve it over rice if you're not eating low carb.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I made the "healthy" paleo version of General Tso's Chicken...mmmm it was good! I put LOTS of broccoli in it for a filler!
  • carolynhart01
    carolynhart01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphy's pizza. Super thin crust delight pizza with olive oil and garlic instead of sauce and canadian bacon. Our every othe week treat..:wink:
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Homemade red bean soup with collard greens, red onions and pickled jalapeno juice. YUM!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight consisted of half a lentil and chorizo soup.....as I had to rush to do some bar work

Came home starving......so had a nice hot bowl of oats with cinnamon to warm my tummy up before I zzzzzzz to bed!!!

Missed out on my mums roast : (
  • AnnieH_4512
    AnnieH_4512 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    My dinner tonight consisted of half a lentil and chorizo soup.....as I had to rush to do some bar work

Came home starving......so had a nice hot bowl of oats with cinnamon to warm my tummy up before I zzzzzzz to bed!!!

Missed out on my mums roast : (

Nothing better than mom's homemade, slow cooked roast! And it's low carb!!!
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    It's Friday fun-day, so tacos! Mmmmm
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Grilled tuna and cheese sandwich, Pringles lite chips.
  • leadedge
    leadedge Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 turkey burgers and 1 sirloin burger ( meat only ) with diet ketchup
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Spagetti made with ground turkey and Arrabbiatta sauce covered in Parmasan cheese and spiced with red pepper flakes, oregano, and garlic.

I would have had garlic bread with it, but my husband ate it all. :sad:
  • half a bag of salt and vinager crisps and a chocolate bar ;)
  • blmurphy37
    blmurphy37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    1 banana sliced and creamy peanut butter between 2 slices of banana! it was yummy, and water lol
  • Goldbody53
    Options
    I had salmon with rice and vegetables will try what you had tomorrow
  • mombieocalypse
    Options
    My MIL made carrot and pear soup which was horrible and I ended up at the bar eating boneless wings and drinking girls light, lol.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Cod, green peas, cherry tomatoes and string cheese. Kind of an easy night off meal.
  • VictoryQueen
    VictoryQueen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Steak, baked kale, and tater tots. Not perfect, but delicious.
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I get home from work pretty late so dinner is usually light. I LOVE making big salads loaded with fruits, veggies and sometimes chicken. Yummy, low calorie and that big bowl is certainly deceiving-makes me feel like a ate a ton!
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I made a recommendation from a new friend on this site ~ skinnytaste turkey stuffed peppers. Oh they were delicious, my whole family loved them! I can't wait to have leftovers tommorrow for lunch ;)

Turkey Stuffed Peppers

Servings: 6 servings (1/2 pepper) • Time: 55 minutes •
    Calories: 184.7 • Fat: 2.3 g • Protein: 20.8 g • Carb: 20.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/turkey-stuffed-peppers-45-pts.html

BTW I steam the peppers for 5 minutes before stuffing/baking to make them come out nice and soft ~ yum!
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    some of my favorites for dinner:
    4 oz. salmon + any type of sauteed veggie salad.
    chicken soup with salad (watercress + bell peppers + pine nuts), drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette.

organic dark chocolate truffles (from whole foods) for dessert.