How long will it take to lose chest fat?

haseo15
haseo15 Posts: 10 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I started about a week ago on my calorie diet im doing 1200 to 1300 calories a day. I have lost about 6 pounds in that week. My weight i started at is 228 and my final goal weight by Christmas is 160 do you guys think that i can lose my chest fat by doing this plus i really don't exercise all that much but i do walk a good bit?

Thanks,

haseo15

Replies

• codygr86
    codygr86 Posts: 2
    You definitely have to exercise bro. And don't just lose it...convert it to muscle! Building muscle speeds your metabolism and burns fat. Also, losing 6 pounds a week is dangerous, your body will "plateau" soon and you'll stop losing weight. I reccomend 3 square meals a day and at least 3 light snacks, this will keep your metabolism going. Also, exercise!!! Bicycling is my favorite! I ride about 12 miles every night and it's an awesome workout! If you have a gym membership...USE IT!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    1200 to 1300 is extremely low for a guy your size, you may want to increase you caloric intake by 500 or so per day. I weigh 138 and my maintenance calories are about 1900, yours must be 2500 or more. Try eating your BMR calories, eating less may cause your metabolism to slow down making it harder to loose weight.

To get your BMR go to the tools tab at the top of the screen and select the BMR calculator, it should come out around 1900-2100 cals.

You should also incorporate resistance training to build muscle which will help you burn more calories and tighten things up.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Great job lasted week! Pushups and chinups are the keys to loose chest weight. The walking is great but you need to use the chest muscles to get muscles there. I am not saying it is impossible but 68 pounds seems rather ambitious. That is 2.8 pounds a week every week. You can loose 68 punds but I beleive it will take longer then that.....It is a lifestyle change you that will help the weight stay off. You must build lean muscle mass by weight training in addition to your walking and to make sure that you are walking and working hard enough you should get a heart rate monitor. I hope all this helps good luck.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    I would try working out the upper body and core. To get rid of the fat and get a tone look you need muscle there. You don't even need weights for this. Herschel Walker never uses weights mostly push-ups and crunches. Good luck!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I agree with Eric, but also... you can't spot reduce. You just have to lose all your fat and your body is going to get rid of it in whatever order it wants. Typically, whatever you gain first, you lose last, and vice versa. And yes, you should be strength training so you don't become skinny flab and also, muscle burns fat, so get to building muscle!!
  • haseo15
    haseo15 Posts: 10 Member
    My max per day is like 1610 calories a day and ive lost like 6-8 pounds a week before and lost like 100 pounds in like 5 or 6 months i think. Something like that.

Thanks,

Cody Perry
This discussion has been closed.