Newer, Better Start!

Options
Okay, so, it's quite apparent I have been going about this the wrong way.

I have lost weight, all by myself, for the past couple months. Around ten to fifteen pounds, give or take, and mostly water-weight. But that has been due to starving myself, and I feel terrible about how I've been treating myself. I will admit- What I have been doing has been outright dangerous, to the point where I fainted at work last weekend. My friends kept telling me I needed to eat/stop working out as much/ stressing out, but I really didn't listen. So, from now on, as according to my doctor, I'm going to go about this the healthy way!

So, I'll introduce myself. My name is Katie, I'm a sophomore in college, just trying to get healthier, thinner, and stronger for when my boyfriend comes back in November from Basic Training for the Air Force. I'm around 5 foot, 8 inches, and around 160 pounds right now, but my goal is to be around 130, 135 if I realize that 130 isn't healthy for my body.

I guess I would just like some tips on how to go about this in a healthy way. I would often have my goal as 900 calories per day and work out for hours at the gym, but then would break down after a few weeks and have a binge for a day, freak out, then get back to it. I know I'm determined enough to lose the weight, I just need help on not stooping to hurting myself to getting there. So now I am going with the 'recommended' number- but I am so lost as to work out! I have a gym I (right across the street! Woohoo!) that I go to regularly, but how often should I go? And what should I do? Any tips? Or just want to talk? :) I just want to be a little more responsible with my health and actually ENJOY life again- I mean, today I ate over my calories, but I don't want to feel so bad- since I know tomorrow will be better, right? I should stop obsessing! Gah.

But, anyway- comments, tips, friendship, motivation, similar stories, whatever- I want to hear it! :D

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jessica. I used to have that problem, well kinda.

I had a horrible boyfriend at the time who gave me horrible anxiety and over the months, I felt sick and ate less. Then it got to the point where I would throw up anything I ate. I was about 160lbs then. I ended up going a month barely eating (maybe 400 calories a day and most was liquid calories). Even after I left him, I continued not to eat. I started feeling weak and never energized, but I lost about 35 pounds in 2 months.

I went back to eating normal and over a couple months, went from 125 to 140.
    About 3 weeks ago I started eating right and exercising and am now at 129. My goal is 125. :)

I saw your boyfriend in in Basic. My husband is in the Navy, so we may have some things in common.

Add me if you'd like. :)