Please help I need advice about my diet, thanks?

Options
I really think I have a binge eating disorder,
I show all the symptoms, but the thing is I don't know what to do,
netting at 1500 or 2000 everyday doesn't seem bad to me?
Should I just try eating at maintaince for awhile? or change my calorie goal to 1750net?
I'm just tired of trying to get abs and seeing no progress and getting further and further away from it. I really need advice.

Also what should my carb fat and protein goals look like to make my abs visible?

Replies

• angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    netting 1500 is not a binge eater...

on my binge days I net close to 15,000 calories....
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thats what I thought, seems like you are doing pretty good for a gradual loss over time.
  • Maliberri
    Maliberri Posts: 59
    Options
    No correction i mean those are my nets on good days which are once in awhile but other than that I range from 4000 up a few days in a row have one good daay then bing good day binge....
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    You are kind of all over the place on this one.

BED sucks. I have it too. Better you get help now then wait until you weigh 258 like I did. You can make an appointment with your doctor for some resources/therapy for BED. This group helps: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/743-binge-eating-support-group

You need to educate yourself about calories and how the body uses them. I recommend this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/7965-in-place-of-a-road-map

start reading, get yourself informed. it will help a lot. hugs.

:flowerforyou:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    netting 1500 is not a binge eater...

on my binge days I net close to 15,000 calories....

respect! im only good for 6000
  • mrsmegb
    mrsmegb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have one main goal: visible abs

So is it safe to assume you've just been doing exercise that targets your abs? You need to mix things up -- target different areas for strength too, and get cardio in.

Also, binge eating is more like uncontrollable eating... thousands upon thousands of calories a day.

Instead of going off of the MFP suggestions, have you tried taking a TDEE cut instead and manually setting MFP to that? I know for me, MFP wanted me to eat 360+ under my BMR, which isn't healthy at all.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0
  • Maliberri
    Maliberri Posts: 59
    Options
    I weight lift 3x a week and I'm a long distance runner so i get the exercise in do great and than eat whole batches of cookies :/ but I'll go check that out right now thanks!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Do you know what causes binge eating? Starvation. Obsessing about losing weight and guilt.
    That will send you to the pantry quicker than anything.
    I wouldnt be labelling yourself with a 'disorder', I'd be a little kinder to yourself and be proud of your achievements regarding exercise.
    I learnt the hard way about beating myself up all the time about food... I hated myself for being weak, which made me punish myself with food, I was obsessed with dieting, and the latest miracle diets and this one was going to be the one that worked.
    I learned that I was actually causing alot of my own problems and when I relaxed about food and stopped looking at it as the enemy and myself as a failure, suddenly the obsession went away.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Going by your pics and your statement that you're a distance runner, you're probably in better shape than 95% of the posters here.

You just need to keep training hard and perform some personal trial and error on ways to prevent going on cookie binges. Everyone is different I guess but start with the basic possible solutions:

- would you be able to limit yourself to just 2-3 cookies a day, if you got to eat them everyday? If that's the case you should just alot some calories to a little bit of junk

- If you're an all or nothing, eat 0 cookies or eat 20 of them, then obviously it's a lot harder. Maybe start by just never having them in the house?

There's a lot of good discussion on the Psychology of eating in the book "The Fat Loss Solution" by Tom Venuto.
  • matthewcorb
    Options
    That's a bit of an overreaction. If you want to lose weight, it's simple. You have to have really low carb intake but high in protein and fat for you to compensate for the low carb. Then it's pretty much all workout from there. Make sure that you sweat enough and target the problem areas a bit more than usual.

http://cooklikeacaveman.com

You can find some recipes here if you're having troubles finding some low carb meals that you can stick to.

Good luck!
  • rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to have BED & it's not easy to beat. Hang in there! Message me if you need support! XOXO