2.7lbs 1st week on MFP?

Options
acreator24
acreator24 Posts: 26 Member
Really???? 2.7lbs in my first week?? C'mon! I went over by 600-700 calories a couple of days and 1000 calories on one day last week and I ended the week with only 1000 calorie deficit. Must have been water weight from cutting way the heck back on Pepsi. I donno. I'll take it but I dont think I earned it.

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Never question it. Just take it lol.
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Take it! That is great and next week if you watch your calories more you will do even better! Welcome, this is a great site!
  • acreator24
    Options

Lol - ok - I'll take it...where did you get the cool little tool that shows up at the bottom of your post showing your progress?
  • deblynn50
    deblynn50 Posts: 5
    Options
    Soft drinks do have a large effect of weight gain, so it probably helped you to cut back....:drinker:
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    If you cut back on salt that might have contributed as well (I dont know if Pepsi has sodium in it? I don't drink soda :ohwell: ). I lost 4 pounds in 5 days just by cutting my sodium a while back. Either way, sounds like your body is responding favorably to the changes you've made. Good job!
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Take it, be happy about it and don't worry too much when it doesn't happen again that fast. Somehow in the beginning everybody seems to lose a lot. And then it slows down a bit. If it was just water or not, all that matters is you lost it.
    Welcome aboard btw. :flowerforyou:
  • dhymelrn
    dhymelrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The reason is without even realizing it you have cut back calories.......Without any kind of diary keeping you don't know how many calories you are consuming. This means that even though you went over ....you were honest and counted everything and lost weight. Just think if you didn't go over.......Might be 5#'s next time!!! Good luck keep being faithful to the food diary and you will see the results.....Even if you still feel like you are eating the same!! This really Works!!
    DH.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Lol - ok - I'll take it...where did you get the cool little tool that shows up at the bottom of your post showing your progress?

You need to set up your signature.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options

Take it! Probably the Pepsi and the watching of calories. I had NO idea HOW FAR over I was going on calories until I started here.

For the tickers- go to Tools- tickers and you can use a pre-made or creat your own.

Welcome!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

click on the Tools tab at the top and set up a weight loss ticker. Then come back here, click the "signature" link and paste the code there.
  • Buppie
    Buppie Posts: 43
    Options
    I lost almost 5lbs my first week! It was water weight! It lasted the first 2 weeks, now it is less and less each week.
  • peggy1952
    peggy1952 Posts: 46
    Options
    good for you, I lost 3 lbs. my first week and didn't have a great weekend,
    Whatever works I say.
  • peggy1952
    peggy1952 Posts: 46
    Options
    way to go on your weight loss!:flowerforyou:
  • acreator24
    Options
    Cool - look at all the replies I got :blushing:

Not knowing the calories before I started....scares me to think about it.....and now I am consciously aware that if I do a Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich for breakfast I may be starving come dinner time with only 100 calories left lol.

I did what you all told me to do to get a ticker...it says 3lbs, must have rounded up :happy:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Never question it....RUN with it!

Who knows what you could lose next week of you really are a good boy! Quite an exciting thought isn't it!

Well Done :flowerforyou:
  • haseo15
    haseo15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ya my biggest advice would be no pop at all if you can. I used to weigh like 270 pounds i cut out all pop and lost like 15 20 pounds within 2 to 3 weeks. I only drink water and milk now. It can really speed up and help out your weight loss.

haseo15
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Cool - look at all the replies I got :blushing:

Not knowing the calories before I started....scares me to think about it.....and now I am consciously aware that if I do a Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich for breakfast I may be starving come dinner time with only 100 calories left lol.

I did what you all told me to do to get a ticker...it says 3lbs, must have rounded up :happy:

Oh yes, I also LOVE the rounding up on the tickers! :flowerforyou:
  • acreator24
    Options
    Ya my biggest advice would be no pop at all if you can. I used to weigh like 270 pounds i cut out all pop and lost like 15 20 pounds within 2 to 3 weeks. I only drink water and milk now. It can really speed up and help out your weight loss.

haseo15

Before last week I was doing a 12-pack of pepsi every 3 days - 4 cans minimum at home plus whatever I'd get (usually 32ozs) for lunch and if I went out to dinner 2-3 refills. I have been drinking 1 can per day since last week...I tried to quit cold turkey but my body said no way! I became real irritable. I figure by next week I should be done with it all together and will move on to tea for my morning caffeine fix. Im not much a tea or coffee person but will see how this goes, I am hoping for 15-20lbs in the next 2-3 weeks myself :drinker:
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Oh Yea! Take that it is real and you deserve it and if you keep it up you will see amazing results. Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!