l have lost 10lbs and I am stuck here!!

Options
I have been dieting and doing the Insanity workout plan and I have lost 10 lbs in about 3 weeks but I keep fluctuating 1 lb or 2 up and down and cannot breakthrough this trend. i am eating about 1300 calories a day give or take a few i do high protein moderate carbs and low fat. I will take any advice!!!:grumble:

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you eat 1300 a day and are exercising you are probably just not eating enough. Share your diary out, but you should net AT LEAST 1200 a day to keep heathy
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are doing everything right, except if you are doing insanity I would eat more! 1300 calories is not enough with insanity, you body maybe is starvation mode. I was stuck at one point too doing p90x and I increased my calories from 1200 to 1400 and some days ate more, I finally started losing again! Drink plenty of water and watch that sodium. As your muscles tear and repair they also retain fluid. Keep up what you are doing tho, insanity is a great program!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity before so I know first hand it is a very intense workout! I would say you just need to eat more. When you're using that much energy, you have to properly fuel your body to see results.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    HI there...how is your water intake? My dieting experience is proof that water intake seriously contributes to weight loss! How long have you been waverinbg between 1 and 2lb? A two week period is not really classed as a plateau and you may find that you start losing again soon :flowerforyou:

Try not to weigh too often either as this can be disheartening...try weighing only once a week :flowerforyou:

Good Luck :happy:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Your body is probably dropping in inches... have you measured? I found when the scales wasn't moving the inches were. Just a thought here. :flowerforyou:
  • lorriconnor
    Options
    I am at the same weight for 3 weeks now...so i feel your pain. I am tryig to eat between 12-1500 calories a day + about 45 minutes of cardio. I have started eating more at breakfast and lunch and less at dinner to hopefully refuel my body and encourage myself to get over this hump but it is becoming frustrating. I am also increasing my cardio by running a little longer and faster. Hopefully we can get over this plateau. There are some good ideas here. Good luck :)
  • katieann2
    katieann2 Posts: 26
    Options
    I've found for myself, if I exercise to too much it seems that I won't have good weight lost, if any? If I stick to moderate amount of exercise, then I start losing again.

After many many years of eating right and exercising daily that moderation in both, is the key!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I've found for myself, if I exercise to too much it seems that I won't have good weight lost, if any? If I stick to moderate amount of exercise, then I start losing again.

After many many years of eating right and exercising daily that moderation in both, is the key!

I AGREE totally! I was doing doubles on p90x and wasnt losing, when I drop down the intensity and frequency I started losing!
  • atlthrasher
    atlthrasher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way currently. I've lost 11 lbs and for the first 4 weeks, It seemed like I was losing about 1/2 lb a day. I am right now stuck at 175. I have about 20 lbs to go and it's frustrating. I hit the gym 4 days per week with high cardio. But, I did talk to a trainer and he gave me pointers on switching up my workouts. I'm starting more weight training because Muscle building kills fats.
  • nataliemiller7
    Options
    thanks everyone for the great advice. i am going to try smaller more frequent meals and i am going to increase my calories a little. i wil let everyone know how it goes!! thanks again!!