I'm throwing my scale away! (pic)

Options
So I've been eating healthy (officially a month with no meat) and doing intense cardio and noticed i've been losing inches..i'm down a pants size and shirts fit a lot better..BUT i'm noticing the number is staying the same! i've lost only a total of 8lbs..and it's getting a bit frustrating because I see the inches going down but not the lbs...I quit the scale! It's only discouraging me

I tried to do a side by side comparison..in the pic I just notice a bit lost on my sides
3edac4a9-2030-4316-8f47-a9943f23c070_zps1d364b23.jpg

Replies

• activities_girl
    Options
    looking great. I can tell a difference. when the pants start to sag, that is progress!!!:happy:
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You have lost 8 lbs in a month ... that is GREAT !!
    I would be so happy with that lose !

You are a very beautiful woman !

Congrats on the lose and focus on the positive things.
    Your shirt and pants are looser, that is awesome !
  • Jamiew3kids
    Jamiew3kids Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This happend to me as well. I started in January and was only losing inches!! Recently the weight started to melt off! Stick with it your worth it :)
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! I can see the difference in your pics! You are doing great! + Your food choices are so inspiring! Woah!
  • sabbysup2hrstuff
    Options
    Sounds like you are gaining muscle, remember muscle weighs more than fat! Keep it up! Don't get discouraged!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i have never owned a scale ever, do not base your life on this.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating in a day? Are you meeting it constantly?

You look like you are definitely losing inches!
  • RickyLuvsMary4ever
    RickyLuvsMary4ever Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Yea toss the scale, its crazy when your clothes don't fit any more and the scale won't budge, I get frustrated sometimes then I remember two things, your new lifestyle is building muscles in your body which weight more than fat and as a woman our water weight goes up and down.

I like losing inches just fine, its nice when I lay in bed and feel my skin, I can feel the shrink marks instead of the stretch marks :)
  • karensinn
    karensinn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So funny you posted this...I was just thinking if anyone else had this same feeling! I had my bf hide the scale because I was getting discouraged every time I weighed in. I know I'm doing the right things, eating right and working out but the # on the scale seems stuck. I noticed it would affect my mood and really bum me out, so now I am relying on measurements and clothing. You're doing great! Keep up the great work!
  • NoMoreturningback
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I could really use some encouragement..I just have to remember to be patient and not let the scale rule me..
  • NoMoreturningback
    Options
    How many calories are you eating in a day? Are you meeting it constantly?

You look like you are definitely losing inches!

Thanks! I try to eat between 1200 to 1400 cals a day, which i must say some days are hard to meet since I'm vegetarian now...my average meal is sometimes less than 200 cals and it can be plenty of food..
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I would do the same thing. But, if you have the will power you could drop down to just weighing once a month to track your progress.
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Forget the scale. If you feel better, you are better. Keep it up! :)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I can def see a difference!! Great job!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Inches are a much more accurate indicator than pounds. The scale has relevance as one part of the equation. I hope that in the near future, there is enough research done on the health benefits of maintaining a healthy BODY FAT PERCENTANGE that the medical community will throw away that old WEIGHT CHART and BMI chart once and for all... Thing is that BMI is an EASY measure... but it is about as accurate as measuring distance in a measuring cup. Progress you can see always trumps numbers on a scale.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Throw it away if it is hindering you. BUT, please stick with it. The weight will come off. Remember it is a slow and steady process. You can expect to lose 1-2 lbs a week. Do not quit....do not let the scale deter you. Stick with it and you will see results!!!
  • XxfitforeverxX
    Options
    You probably gained muscle and lost fat!!
  • NoMoreturningback
    Options
    Well I'm definitely NOT giving up! We will see what the future holds for me,I think I'lldrop the scale..only weigh once a month and start measuring instead..I think its just all odd to me because my first time losing weight I lost it so quickly and lost lbs way before inches. I'm just trying to remind myself that I am getting stronger than I was before and with time the weight loss will come..again thanks! I think sometimes we just need confirmation that we are doing good and shouldn't have to worry
  • okieladybug
    Options
    I can certainly tell a difference in your pictures! I think 8lbs in a month is great. And as a previous poster said...remember muscle weighs more than the fat cells in the body. You are toning up so don't get discouraged. YOU GO GIRL!!
  • Einahhh
    Einahhh Posts: 139
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! No matter what the scales say, you're definitely doing something right :)