30 Days.

Options
Tomorrow (in just over an hour) it is my birthday. I will be 22 years old. A month and something ago, I said I was going to lose 10 pounds by my birthday. I did not. And the last two weeks I have not even worked out.

I have just watched the amazing documentary Hungry For Change. I have ALWAYS been interested in raw food, and some of you might know I was trying to eat 80% raw. I failed. And although it IS partially because of having no money (food banks do not give out nearly enough produce) it is also because when I do have money, I have the tendency to eat out and spend too much. I need to change.

Tomorrow I am getting some birthday money, I am spending it ALL on healthy groceries (okay, and bus tickets to get to work - but I will start walking home, even if it takes me over an hour to do so). I am buying all produce, and I will make it last until I get paid in two weeks. I will not binge, I will not give in. I am giving myself THIRTY days to see changes - as they say you do in the documentary - and if I still feel horrible, and fat and my face has not yet cleared, I am seeing a doctor and psychiatrist to make sure I am not just crazy. I will give up entirely if I see no changes so I WILL NOT FAIL IN THESE 30 DAYS.

I will do this. I will succeed. It might be hard, and it will be a painful process, but anything worth doing is not easy right away, right?

In 30 days, I will feel and look better and be on my way to spectacular.

Replies

• iDYG
    iDYG Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    At the end of last year, I also watched the documentary and tried to go raw. Went to whole foods and bought loads of ORGANIC produce. Bought a very expensive juicer. Failed miserable. My birthday was two weeks ago. Told myself I needed to lose at least 15 pounds for my birthday. I didn't and couldn't find a dress that looked decent for weeks. I cried about it, 'cause I obviously want to look good on my birthday. Two days after, I finally started with a trainer and has been two whole weeks. I also started going swimming for a couple of hours in between training sessions and even on the days I train. Today I told my trainer that I felt like I am not improving at all since I literally laid in my bed all day before and watched shows and ate. My trainer told me that the weight didn't come on overnight and it will not go away over night. It takes time and it has to be a life change.
    I hope in 30 days you will achieve your goal. But never give up even if you don't because we always try-fail, try-fail, try-fail, and then try-succeed. I used to smoke a pack every 2 days or so and although its not too much, I still wanted to quit but couldn't and failed so many times. I have now gone 2 weeks with less than a pack. If you fall, just pick yourself back up and try again!