957 Days - Here is what it looks like

Options

Replies

• oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and amazing and by golly do you work hard! I didn't know your full story before and it blows me away to read it now. What an absolute honour it is for me to have shared the last few months of this ride with you. Wow. There really is no stopping you. Thanks for all the awesome links too. xx
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Inspiring, Thanks for sharing. I am on my journey and have to lose 200 lbs...I am on for about 5 weeks of in truth, eating healthy and cutting out all the bad carbs. I am doing carb cycling, what are your thoughts on it.
    Enjoy your victory
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    In March 2012 I had a meniscopy, but that did not resolve all my knee issues, the MRI showed that I had severe osteoarthritis, and absolutely no cartilage left in my knee.

I am only 52, so very young for a knee replacement, but I also knew that I loved my new found fitness levels, and did not want to spend the next 10 years on the couch, so we decided to do a knee replacement.

So in August 20120 I had a total knee replacement done on my right knee - a fantastic decision - I was back in the gym 10 days after my surgery - initially mostly upper body weight training, and 1000's of miles of stationary bike work, but I kept pushing my physiotherapist and surgeon to allow me to start training legs. After 8 months I was back to doing deadlifts, squats, lunges and everything else I was doing before my surgery.

Glad the surgery went so well and you were back up and working out shortly after! That's wonderful news... you've worked hard and you look terrific! I'm so proud of you:drinker: :heart:
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've only been on here about 4 months, and I was worried about having the will power to stick with it for YEARS, but I'm glad to know it's possible :)
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great job & good info!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Your story was informative and hit home. I am just starting my journey and can only aspire to have similar results. I am busy researching but your idea on getting my blood levels done is super. Do you have a list of what they tested you for? It would be helpful since as you say often family doctors don't know what to look for on this type of situation. Appreciate it! You look wonderful! :smile:
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You are amazing!
  • elisabethsilva
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It was inspirational. You are a smart, dedicated lady!
  • minihorselover
    minihorselover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! keep up the good work!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Hi Elle
    I read your story to the last drop, I find the words are more helpful than photos when looking for advice! I also love the photos - what a great transformation. Def sexy at 51! Love the sensible eating you are doing, well done, and thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job! congratulations on all of your weight loss success! It must feel really good!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Youre a star, elle. And i know too well the feeling of a prolonged plateau! Happy and healthy is way better than couch potato. Youve done amazingly well. Wanna join me for the onehunga half on 29th sept? You can do 5, 10, 16 or 21kms, and walk if you still have a bung knee.
  • jrtcw
    jrtcw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look so fit now. :smile:
  • Hannah645
    Hannah645 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You deserve every bit of your success!
  • LinFlemmer331
    LinFlemmer331 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Elle, you look fantastic and are a real inspiration!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your story! Thanks for posting! I really admire your dedication. It's great that you have got so much fitter, even if the weight hasn't changed recently.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Absolutely!

I know your struggle, I have MULTIPLE health issues and I usually let them get me down so I give up.......over and over again. But I've kept it up this time...and I hit LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG plateaus. Others drop at super fast rates, mine will be 2 lbs a month...lol.

Sooooooooooooo.
    I have a stomach condition, gall bladder issues, two torn meniscii (and other knee issues), thyroid issues, probably insulin/metabolic syndrome stuff and they can cause pain, fatigue, etc. and I continue to workout hard and not let it get to me, and adjust my diet, and see my docs!
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    Bump
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    you look amazing. you can tell how different you look. ~
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!