Increasing calories

Options
How long does it take your body to adjust to the increase in calories? I was eating in the 1400-1500 range but my body requires way more! My TDEE is 2214. I have increased to 1800-1900 and the scale has went up the past two weeks. I am trying to lose those last 5 pounds. Currently 5'4 135 Goal weight is 130

Replies

• caleo2006
    caleo2006 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose those last 5 pounds. Currently 5'4 135 Goal weight is 130

Hi! In my humble opinion, I wouldn't worry about the scale right now. Focus on lifting weights and you will see a change in your body composition. Also, in regards to the increase on the scale, it is most likely water weight. Keep it up, you are doing great!
  • trumpkat80
    trumpkat80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    not to mention, muscle weighs more than fat!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    if your TDEE is 2200 and you're eating 1900 you're only at 300 deficit. My understanding is that it's a 500 calorie deficit for loss. maybe workout more? why did you raise cals?
  • fitnessbuilding
    Options
    Per day you can have 2878 to 2978 calories, muscle gaining requires more calories.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Per day you can have 2878 to 2978 calories, muscle gaining requires more calories.

huh?" who can? the OP? doubt it. if the TDEE is 2200 they should NOT be eating over 2800
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    if your TDEE is 2200 and you're eating 1900 you're only at 300 deficit. My understanding is that it's a 500 calorie deficit for loss. maybe workout more? why did you raise cals?

It is recommended that for anyone with less than 10lb to lose, weight loss should be slowed to only 1/2lb per week. 500cal is for 1lb so the OP has got the right idea decreasing the deficit to only 300 cals as she only has 5lb to go.

To the OP, you are on the right track increasing towards maintenance as you get nearer to your goal. Most of the weight fluctuation will be water. Focus on lifting and losing inches rather than the scale weight alone.

P.s. OP I am jealous of those arms!
  • trudijoy
    Options

It is recommended that for anyone with less than 10lb to lose, weight loss should be slowed to only 1/2lb per week. 500cal is for 1lb so the OP has got the right idea decreasing the deficit to only 300 cals as she only has 5lb to go.

To the OP, you are on the right track increasing towards maintenance as you get nearer to your goal. Most of the weight fluctuation will be water. Focus on lifting and losing inches rather than the scale weight alone.

P.s. OP I am jealous of those arms!

makes sense... but could it have been too big a jump up? would a gradual increase have been better?
  • FluffyMcNutter
    Options
    From what I've read, it might take 2-4 more weeks. Keep paying attention and if you are continuously gaining, then it might be that your guesstimate of TDEE was a little off. If that happens, you can do some math based on how much you've been gaining to find your surplus, which will then give you your true TDEE.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me..... I was on around 1500 to 1600 calories then upped a little bit.....scales have gone up

But every one said its your body getting used to the more calories and will even out......!!!

I'm gonna start lifting now anyway