Looking for weight loss buddy

Options
Hello everyone.

My name is Amanda and I'm 26 years old. I'm a student working on my degree in Anthropology, people and different cultures completely fascinate me. I found this site and I really thought this would make it easy to keep track of my food, exercise and weight loss since I am on my computer several times throughout the day. I am looking to make friends and more specifically find a weight loss buddy or two. Someone who would be up for the odd chat, someone that can kick my *kitten* when I need it etc. and I will do the same for you. I want more than just a positive comment when I lose a pound or two, I want the negative too. When I am bad or need a word of encouragement I want someone who will not hesitate to not sugar coat it. I want someone to join me on this adventure and go through the good and the bad with me. If anyone is interested send me a message. I look forward to hearing from you.

Good luck to everyone out there! I wish you all the best :wink:

Amanda

Replies

• BrandiPants
    BrandiPants Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to the site too and I can use as much support and encouragement as possible and I would love to give you the same. Friend request me if you would like to. Good Luck! You can do it!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You have made such a great choice in websites!! Tons of help and motivation on this site!! I'm sending you a req. You may want to start cruisin' the threads, as there is always a challenge going on, which helps me stay accountable! Try looking for Lose 5lbs a month for July thread, they are a great group of ladies! Very supportive!!! Also, when you are ready, look into C25k aka Couch to 5k (coolrunning.com) and you can always find threads on here about the plan. Good luck on your kourney and I'm here if you need me!!

Bru
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm new too and looking for the same thing :)

I'm going to add you if that is okay?
  • Cathy_5011
    Cathy_5011 Posts: 78
    Options
    Hi,

I am realitivly new to the site as well. I think it would be great to help eachother to our qoals.
  • terrijayne
    terrijayne Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    been here 2 weeks now and its awesome site. add me if u wanna chat
    terri
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Hi - I joined MFP a couple months ago and it's been a HUGE key in keeping me focused. I've made some great friends here as well. Welcome, I'm sure this will be a great tool for you!

*sending you a friend request*
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    Hi Amanda,I can be your Buddy if you want.I have lost 8 LBS already and i think we can lose the weight together.