Week long binge

Options
I binge ate all this week starting Monday night has anyone had any weight gain from this? And any tips not to binge again? Anything is helpful! Thank you!

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Tips? Don't eat emotionally. I know it's easier said than done, but mind over matter needs to be applied here. ;) Every time you're going to eat the foods you don't really need, keep asking yourself why you want to eat them. Does your body really need those snacks/meals to make it through the day? If not, find another outlet to satisfy the emptiness that you use food to fill it with.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Think of it like driving...if you end up on the wrong road you turn around and drive back and get on the right road. Everyone gets lost at some point on this journey.
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I've been doing the same thing lately. As I type this, I'm fighting the urge to eat a bag of kettle corn. Good luck. This next week will be better.
  • ally630
    ally630 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you! I know its just out of boredom idk why its happening though I've lost 78 pounds and have had no problems with binging before now as long as I keep myself busy and out of the house I'm fine but when I'm home that's when it's triggered I need to work on it definitely
  • ally630
    ally630 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just ate a lot I regret i definitely think next week will be better I already have my meals planned out! I'm just worried because all that I ate according to the app was enough to make me gain at least half a pound
  • Hi lovely! personally, I would definitely NOT step on the scales for at least a week, you will have a gain in weight, but most (if not all!) of it will be water retention, it WILL go in time, I promise. We've all experienced this, it happens :flowerforyou:
  • MorbidMander
    MorbidMander Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this as well lately. I'm sorry, I don't have any advice but just wanted to say I know how you feel. Really sucks. :(
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    make sure you are eating enough calories! eating too low will trigger binges. as a recovered binge-eater years of eating too low triggered binges, which led to a poor relationship with food. i now eat at least 1900 calories a day and still have weight coming off, and enough calories for wiggle room for sweets and beers :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    CHRIST, well it is FRIDAY, can we drink????
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't have to worry about binging, so far. I don't really get hungry between meals. I decided it's ok to be hungry at night, but just in case I usually have a couple hundred saved up just in case. And I don't keep foods that trigger me in the house at all. I figure if I really want something like those Triscuit rice crackers that I love but could eat the whole box, I will just have to go out and get them, it's just not worth the effort. Plus it seems the more fruits and vegetables I eat and I upped my protein I just don't feel like eating more than what has been set for me even if I exercise more.

If that didn't sound like advice I will recap

Eating more vegetables might help (non starchy)

Adding more protein might also help

Avoid having trigger foods in your house but don't make them forbidden just harder to get.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely! personally, I would definitely NOT step on the scales for at least a week, you will have a gain in weight, but most (if not all!) of it will be water retention, it WILL go in time, I promise. We've all experienced this, it happens :flowerforyou:

this. we have ALLLLLL
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    hi. i had a month long binge, i gained 13 pounds (yes...) so don't believe people who say it won't do anything to your body. what helped me a lot is mfp friends support and also i started watching this model's youtube channel, she talked about healthy eating. and this one sentence got stuck in my head, and i always repeat it when i'm about to binge "learn how to control your portions, it's not your last meal obviously, there's always going to be tomorrow"
    it can help you more than you think.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You mentioned that you have lost 78 lbs. Have you adjusted your caloric intake to reflect your weight loss and exercise. One mistake people make is that they continue to keep very low calorie intake and heavy exercise when they are no longer either obese or overweight. If you have not taught yourself to eat properly during your weight loss, you had better start quickly or you will regain all the weight you lost and more.

You have to slowly add back calories to where your weight stabilizes. Also, the "Eat More To Weigh Less" Group may be a good fit for you now.
  • nomorepizza2
    nomorepizza2 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! I've had many binges on my journey and I've recovered from all of them. I use them as motivation to double down on my workout intensity .
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    i did the same thing all last week...it was just a horrible week for me...you are not alone in your binges...i do it from time to time....i usually turn to food when im stressed or overwhelmed...i am also a bad bored eater...if you feel yourself getting hungry find something to get your mind off it...i started finding things to clean or organize around the house...with two kids and a hubby theres always something to clean lol...i also will sit down at the computer with my healthy water, tea, coffee, etc...and start looking at success stories...they tend to keep me on my toes.
  • Tonijking
    Tonijking Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had a awful week as well all I can advise is dont beat your self up over it just plan to do next week different good luck
  • 21Blondie
    21Blondie Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey this may be a little late but oh well:

I've had MASSIVE problems with binging in the past... But I haven't had anything major in like two weeks and i feel like it's under control

First, remember: as long as the binge is below you 'maintenance allowance' of calories, there's no reason to despair; so don't get down half-way through, think "damn, i feel fat, might as well carry on" stop and think and... stop. I didn't count my last binge in the end as it was under 2000 cals (for the whole day) and it's had little effect, if any, on my progress (maybe just mid-week fluctuations)

Now, obviously longer binges are a problem - they stop being binges and become habits! So, write down how you felt throughout the day and especially leading up to the binge
    Was there a trigger?
    Were you on your own?
    How did you feel AFTER?

Next time, you can refer back to this information. Think about how you felt after the binge (and during), which is probably not great and think - do I WANT to do this? will it be worth it? Maybe write yourself a little note :)

If the feeling persists - give in, but remember to remain in control :)

All the best xx
  • rudarbe
    rudarbe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I went to a few days at Disneyland and the rest of the week in Vegas with friends once. You should know how bad this ended :P I gained 12 lbs in 1 week. It was crazy, and I felt like I could never go back to my good eating/exercise habits.

I went back to the gym and I didn't have to eat as much as I used to for some reason, and I lost ALL that weight in 3 days just by going back to my old lifestyle. I didn't completely go all out on my work out routine, I cut back 40% and slowly went back... but yeah lost it all, I was shocked.