I never knew I was so over weight

Options
I never felt as big and unhealthy as the scale said, until I got on it by curiosity. I've always felt beautiful and healthy, but when I stepped on the scale i couldn't believe I was 40-50 pounds over weight.
Now I've lost 20, i am obsessed with the numbers on the scale because I don't feel any different then what I did before.
Will I ever feel satisfied.?
Does this make sense? Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You will get to feeling better about yourself, yes.
    But satisfied, I'm not sure. A lot of people aren't ever satisfied and that's why they keep at what they are doing, and once they hit their goal or their perfect image, that's when they become satisfied and happy. :)
  • flyawayrach
    flyawayrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same! I have always been a little chubby and dablled in the overweight part of the BMI chart, but when I got into the obese section I couldn't believe it. Weight creeps on so easily and a lot of the time you don't notice - but the great thing about it is when you lose it, you definitely notice!

Good luck with your journey!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, I did not feel beautiful and healthy, and I was well aware of how overweight I was, in fact I think I felt bigger than I really was. I do understand a little bit of what you're saying. Now, I'm lighter, slimmer and healthier than I've ever been, I'm a healthy weight and have a healthy body fat percentage. I still feel overweight a lot of the time though, and definitely a lot more obsessed and unsatisfied. I think I felt best somewhere in between, when I was still overweight, but had lost a lot. I was slimmer than I'd ever been, so I felt good. I don't know why things have come full-circle.
  • HollyWalle
    HollyWalle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks for input everyone!.. it helps that i'm not alone!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Might help if you focus more on health than on looks. By losing the weight, you are reducing your risk for all kinds of chronic diseases.