Good morning from London

Options
Joined very recently, just getting back into the gym and cycling to work, have been at it about 8 weeks and have lost about a stone which I'm pleased about.

Jumping on my bike this morning as it's bright blue skies this morning (we've not had many for quite a while!) and going for a ride down to Greenwich.

Anyway just popping on to say hello :)

Philip

Replies

• nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP from the unusually sunny Midlands.

You've done an amazing job so far! Congrats and good luck with your journey (weight loss and Greenwich ride lol) :flowerforyou:
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Welcome. NYC is rolling out a bike share program and I've signed up. I'd hoped to be able to cycle from my home, but there are no stations in my neighborhood. Still, I hope it'll be fun when it commences next month. Need to buy a helmet.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,721 Member
    Options
    About to walk to the gym for my indoor workout. It's indeed beautiful in London today.
  • NoodleKempson
    NoodleKempson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello and good morning!

I did the London bikeathon last year 52 miles (+10 to get there) needless to say it was on my mountain bike and we have not made friends since! However it was for an amazing cause and had a right laugh during and after it even if my bottom had not forgiven the seat!

Have a great ride I'm going to go for a run!!

Noodle
  • Mrs_Wellington
    Options
    yorkshire's beautifully sunny as well.hello all !
  • sunny_Dornoch
    Options
    Far north of Scotland sunny too! Though a tad windy... 70 minute walk along the beach complete x
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I live on the Surrey Quays/Deptford border so it's just a walk for me to Greenwich! Have a great time [and if you can, get some of the Thai food from the market, it's incredible].
  • Rossa59
    Rossa59 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Another Yorkshire lass here!

Great community on here so lotsa support. Good luck with all that cycling!

Me, I'll just keep on walking the beautiful hills and dales :smile:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Checking in from the sunny East End. Morning :)
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    'ello frhe Western US :)
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    Far north of Scotland sunny too! Though a tad windy... 70 minute walk along the beach complete x

I misread that and thought it said 70 mile walk at first haha. Was gonna say jesus that is a major walk!! lol. But anyway, majorly jealous that a) you are in the north of Scotland and b) that you can get your exercise walking along the beach :grumble: :tongue: You lucky lucky person!!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Hello from sunny Sweden. I am already out in my yard!
  • Laurajane0203
    Options
    good evening from Melbourne Australia.
  • izzwizz_london
    izzwizz_london Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Beautiful morning here in Kensal Rise in North West London too. Windows and doors flung open to let the sunshine in :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Surrey!
    Heading out on the cycle for a few hours - time to say "hello" to the Surrey Cycleway and all those hills.
    Lovely day for it :smile:
  • jb1164
    jb1164 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good morning from sunny Notttingham. Born in Catford, and spent many a happy time performing at Greenwich theatre, but wouldn't swap it for the lovely Peak District on my doorstep. The sun really lifts the spirits, doesn't it! Happy cycling, Jan :0)
  • qasim91
    qasim91 Posts: 25
    Options
    It's a beautiful morning here in east London, hopefully the weather lasts longer than the previous good brief spells. I've just completed my first 5km at a local parkrun.
  • zctlamd
    zctlamd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Morning! Londoner here too... just waiting for that sun to come round to my side of the house :)
  • verzanie
    verzanie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    good morning, lovely day in east london! :-)
  • ThePurplePhoenix
    ThePurplePhoenix Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good morning to all! I too have blue skies and sunshine so will probably be going to the park with my boys at some point today. Enjoy your day everyone!