9 months and 30lbs

Options
lalonmeg000
lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
I started MFP a while ago, and was a yo-yo, like many, losing weight, gaining weight, etc. Finally last July something clicked. I read a book about how low calorie diets can stunt your metabolism, and although I had my reservations about eating more calories to lose weight I figured I had nothing to lose. I was a size 12/14 (although realistically I should have been wearing 14/16), and at my heaviest 193lbs. I was running out of excuses of why I couldn’t go to the pool to layout in the sun with friends and my birthday that summer changed my life. I was getting ready for my bday dinner with friends in front of my mirror, look up and saw no smile but a tear. I felt tired, and huge, and so unattractive. At 22 years old I wasn’t excited to go out, I was dreading it and I knew I needed to take my life back. 9months later I stand 30lbs lighter at 163lbs, and depending on what size I really was when I started, am 2-4 sizes smaller, pretty much a solid size 8 (10 for skinny jeans). The next 3 months are going to be hard. I am down to my last 20lbs and size or 2 to finish losing. This post is more for me because it’s hard someday to see the size change. I still go shopping and grab the 12 and 14, and then go back for the 8 when I remember I don't wear those sizes anymore, because in the mirror I don't always see size 8. I am much healthier and happier now though and I can't wait to post my year pics. No matter what size or weight I end up being on my 23rd birthday, this year I know I will go out with a smile and a new confidence!

Oh and for reference I am 5'3ish

34q1zpl.jpg

sorry the las pic is a little blurr, but its the most recent full body picture

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • myboysaremylife
    myboysaremylife Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great!!
  • starfinale
    starfinale Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    this is great! congrats! very inspiring!
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • splixi
    splixi Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience to you- tried for a very long time to lose weight and just yo-yo a lot but this time I have stuck to it and once you get past the first bit it is much easier :)

But yeh- about 6 weeks ago I looked in the mirror before going out to a toga party and it just disgusted me what had happened to my body....it made me so upset and when I woke up the next morning something just clicked and I changed my habits overnight....I was 176 pounds and today 6weeks later i'm down to 156 pounds....still have another 30pounds to lose but i'm well on my way and every morning when I look in the mirror i'm a tiny bit happier.

CONGRATS! and keep it up because you look great :)
  • milliasmomma
    milliasmomma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! You look great!! Your positive attitude is awesome!! <3
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look healthy and adorable!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!! And what an amazing attitude! :flowerforyou:

Keep going!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look great!
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Congratulations on your hard work and dedication. :flowerforyou:
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! Great job!
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    You truly have something to celebrate. Not only the weight loss but, more important, a new and healthier lifestyle that will benefit you throughout your life. Well done for making the change while you're still very young.
  • allgoodthings
    allgoodthings Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm 5'3" as well and every pound counts on these small frames. Keep it up. You look great (and happy)!
  • carolose46
    carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great job! I,m 5.3 too with high at 202 ! Last summer I went to a party as late as politely possible to avoid the pool thing. and my friends decide to go at it again and kept insisting that I joined them. Even if I was suffocating from all the heat. I kept saying: im fine, I don't feel like swimming... and all that crap! Hopefully it was the last time suffering in front of a pool full of skinny friends and missing on all the fun!

:flowerforyou:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Keep it up!
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    Wonderful job. Well done :-)
  • betsij
    betsij Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Congrats
    You are very beautiful in all the pictures!
    Happy for you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look wonderful, well done on your success :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!