Body By You

Options
I am on week 2 of the Body by you. I don't have money for a gym membership or "heavy" weights/barbells. The Body by You allows me to use "body weight". I am doing about 30 mins of walking/jogging on my off days. I am able to do the full 12 reps of each exercise in my time allowed intervals. I guess I should advance to the next exercise? Right?

Also, I would like to know, is this really effective? I am doing TDEE - 20% (1856) for calorie intake. I am 201pds, 5'6, 46.3% body fat (according to fit 2 fat military calculator).

Replies

• jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing body by you?:smile:
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Maybe start another post entitles - You are your own gym'. This I think is more popular. Have you searched on the forums for older threads.
  • tracylee679
    tracylee679 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Just got the book yesterday and plan to read it this weekend and start Monday. Add me if you like. Good luck to you!

Tracy
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this book (should be here today or Monday) and will do it! I've heard great things about it though so hoping it will help build some strength!
  • HappyKite
    HappyKite Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you can do all twelve reps X2, then move up.
    I'm on week 4 and love it. I'm definitely getting stronger. I'm not sure I can see any physical changes yet, but I'm eating at a deficit (also TDEE-20%), so I am not expecting to build muscle, just protect LBM whilst losing fat.
    Good luck and enjoy.

Edit: meant to add, you don't have to wait until you can do all four exercises before moving on, you can go up on one whilst staying the same on others. For example, I am stronger on my legs than arms so have progressed more with the squats and bending than with the pulling and pushing.