Almonds all of the sudden making my stomach hurt! HELP!

Options
KCPT17
KCPT17 Posts: 15 Member
So on my journey to clean eating, I, like most people discovered almonds! For the past 5-6 weeks, I eat about 1/4 cup for a mid morning snack everyday. Well, all of the sudden my stomach started hurting.. and I finally figured out what the culprit was... ALMONDS! Obviously the answer would be to stop eating them.... but I have been eating them everyday for 5 weeks.. So why all of the sudden does it make my stomach hurt now? Has this happened with anyone else or does anyone by chance know why this is happening? Im super bummed.. I finally found a healthy snack that I love to eat and now I have to stop. Of course a piece of pizza or a cheeseburger couldn't make my stomach hurt! HA!

Replies

• LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    Maybe it was just too much, too soon! You could eat them every other day, and see how you feel. Or, maybe up your water intake because almonds have a lot of fiber. I had a similar experience!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was just too much, too soon! You could eat them every other day, and see how you feel. Or, maybe up your water intake because almonds have a lot of fiber. I had a similar experience!

You may not be used to all that fiber that comes with clean eating.
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have many food intolerances, and almonds started to hurt my stomach too. I ate them every morning in my poridge, then my stomach started to hurt. I stopped eating them, then later on tried almond milk, and noticed that it just kills my stomach. I went back to eating just almonds, and they still hurt. My solution is to just stay away from them, like I have to do with many other of my favourite foods. Maybe try to take a break from them for a while, then slowly start to incorporate them back into your meal plan.