How do I tone up my wobbly bum and thighs??

Options
I know you can't spot reduce (I wish it were possible) but I have fat still on my bum and thighs that i'm finding impossible to shift!! My arms, chest and tummy have all shrunk and are toning up nicely but I feel so disheartened that the bits I've always hated most about my body are still there!! I'm a part time post-lady, I walk about 8 miles three days a week. I also do 5-6 Les Mills classes per week (Body Pump, Body Jam, Body Combat). Can anybody give me some guidance on what exercises I should be doing to target these areas please? I have been going to these classes for about 10 weeks, am I being impatient or should I have noticed some changes in these areas by now? MFP has set my daily calorie target at 1530 per day which I stick to. Should I be counting the calories I burn at work and the calories I burn while exercising and eating them back?? I'm 5ft 7 aged 36. I have not lost any weight, I just seem to be hovering around the same weight as when I started going to the Les Mills classes. Any advice would be appreciated

Replies

• Shani_Shoo
    Shani_Shoo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Leandro Carvalho Brazil Butt Lift. It is awesome. Only done it twice but it is a really good workout. Check it out on the net. It is about eating the right foods also but you are probably already doing that.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Lots of squats and lunges with a heavy weight will work wonders for your legs and bum. Try barbell squats/ lunges if you have access to a gym if not try body weight perhaps with dumbbells its working for me.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    You need to lose more weigh/fat. The body sheds weight from some places more easily than it does others... you just need to be more patient.

Keep losing, keep exercising, be patient... it'll happen.

As for exercises... squats, deadlifts, lunges and all the different versions of them.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges and patience.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Plie's, squats, lunges... When I did ballet hardcore I had an awesome butt & legs. I like to think I still do somewhere lol
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I vote for the lowly band. If you do standing exercises using the bands for legs & butt, you'll tone up. Good luck! :drinker:
  • Coffeeholic8
    Coffeeholic8 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Squats and Lunges: It's the difference between having a BUTT and an *kitten*.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5.....great compound lift program and the squats and deadlifts will help with those areas and more !
  • brogers4000
    Options
    Actually, I started roller skating weekly with my kids for two hours at a time, and it works wonders for toning both areas.