Things you are more comfortable doing...

Options
SJackson50
SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
I'm down to my last twenty pounds and I recently noticed a few things that I am more comfortable doing, now that I've lost weight. First, I went to the movies a couple of weeks ago--how comfortable the seats are when your body is not squeezing through the arm rests! And taking a bath!?!? My sides don't hit the sides of the tub (I know, TMI, but still...)

Anyone find some of their activities a little more comfortable now that you've lost weight?

Replies

• Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Stairs
    Exercise in general
  • amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You have me smiling! I was thrilled the first time I realized my hips and backside didn't create a dam in the bathtub!! I use a large plastic cup to rinse my hair, and then I drain the water out and I would notice this WALL of water behind me in the tub.. so for the last 10 years, I have to lean to one side and then the other to let the water out. I don't create a dam anymore!! I went to do it and no water was back there!! lots of space on either side!

Yes!! Lawn chairs with arms don't scare me anymore!
    Jogging up the 2 flights of stairs in the house, stopping to catch my breath and realizing I didn't Lose my breath in the first place!
    Go girl go!!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Riding my street bike. My bike is pretty heavy (50 pounds) and I finally lost the weight of it so I can ride it again after 8 years.
  • lotushead
    lotushead Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    In general, everything.

But specifically, more fun shopping and increased libido are two of my favorite benefits.
  • Livylove90
    Options
    I have also noticed the bath tub seemingly becoming roomier as I shrink! Haha, in addition I remember 60pounds ago I could never curl up my legs to my chest and now I can comfortably rest my chin on my knees! and of course exercise has become more comfortable, starting out I recall a mile bike ride would tire me out, these days I can do 7miles no problem! and of course its much easier to go shopping, Ive even noticed that I am less anxious about having friendly conversation with strangers. I still have 40 pounds to lose but its amazing the changes already
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Swimming in public. I bought a swimsuit yesterday... the first in over 10 yrs that wasn't a maternity suit lol. And I didn't make a icky face at myself in the dressing room mirror when I tried it on. Mind you, I was forced to try it on... I didn't want to but Im glad I did.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I experience the increased libido too, which is incredibly frustrating and sad.
  • SJackson50
    Options
    This is great!!!! I am proud and excited for all of us!
  • williecruiser
    Options
    Being able to reach my hinney.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Picking up dropped objects
    Browsing through almost all clothing stores--haven't done VS yet.
    Walking around in public in my workout caspris
    Walking through the gym and looking the buff people in the eye
    Having my photo taken
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Ohh! I did the theatre seat thing at the end of Februrary... dude arms were in my seat next to my body with the rest of me and my coat!! Loved that so much.

Carrying a toddler is my new thing though. It's like she's not even there. Amazing.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Swimming in public. I bought a swimsuit yesterday... the first in over 10 yrs that wasn't a maternity suit lol. And I didn't make a icky face at myself in the dressing room mirror when I tried it on. Mind you, I was forced to try it on... I didn't want to but Im glad I did.

Congratulations! That is a great milestone. :flowerforyou:
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Oh man! Eveything you guys said!

Also, the overall general feeling of being ok in my own skin. Biggest improvement of all!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Having sex with the lights on... >.> Having sex in general. Being in public. Exercising. Wearing a string bikini. Dressing up to go out. :)
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Getting dressed up to go out! Short(er) sleeves! Tank tops without a sweater over my arms! And soon... a bikini without sucking it in.
  • eag264
    eag264 Posts: 116
    Options
    Great topic! I have bigger hips than most average ladies so the movie theater arm chair thing is a huge one to achieve as well as fitting most chairs with arms. I avoid them like the plague, the most embarrassing thing is trying to sit in it and not having my hips fit.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! lol
    Another one is plane seats- hate flying when I have to squeeze in a tight seat for 12 hours. Oh the pain. And what about public transportation? I'd rather stand and burn some calories than have to sit :/
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Definitely stairs! I got to see Jim Gaffigan perform last night (one of my favorite comedians!) and I had to walk up the equivalent of about 4 flights of stairs to get to my seat with NO LANDING! At first I was intimidated because I hadn't been to that venue in a very long time and I was anticipating being embarassed having to take breaks on my way up, but I made it easily, and when I had to take a bathroom break during the opener (which awesomely enough was Kenan Thompson) I only missed about 2 minutes of his set going downstairs to the bathroom and coming back up!

Additionally, (sorry if TMI) I was uncomfortable being "intimate" with my fiance very often when I had gained weight and would only doing it begrudgingly, even though he still found me as beautiful as ever. I can say with certainty that is entirely remedied. :)
  • SJackson50
    Options
    Additionally, (sorry if TMI) I was uncomfortable being "intimate" with my fiance very often when I had gained weight and would only doing it begrudgingly, even though he still found me as beautiful as ever. I can say with certainty that is entirely remedied. :)

Wooohooo!!!! Very happy for you!
  • ddipert
    ddipert Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Not only is fitting in an airplane seat more comfortable, if I drop something, I can actually bend over to pick it up!
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options
    I can put my socks on without being a workout , I can cross my legs without lots of efford and my back gets better everyday so I'm very happy and will continue loosing until I get to my goal.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!