Hi. I'm new!

Options
Jwz120
Jwz120 Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone. New to this. Trying to get off the low carb trend. Have metabolic syndrome and soooo very frustrated! I also have some problems with binge eating. Want to take a sensible approach. I have lost 60 pounds before many years ago so I know I can do this. I was thinking of having the " surgery" but almost everyone I know who has had it has either gained weight back or have had complications. I'm also a nurse and have seen the nasty things that can happen so trying to avoid that...any suggestions and inspiration will be appreciated!

Replies

• tward23456
    tward23456 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new, also. I'm in the same situation. I've been looking into surgery, but don't think it's the right choice for me. I know I can do this. I'm hoping to find a little extra support through this board.

Good luck to you!
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    I sent you a friend request and I'm willing to support and encourage you.
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I had surgery and its been great :) it's work and if you don't have a handle on your eating then you will gain weight back. So starting here to get the nutrition down is the best place to start.
  • Jami_A
    Jami_A Posts: 19
    Options
    I agree with the post above me . If your eating is not under control, the surgery will not work. I know some people who have had GREAT success then there are others who are almost as bad now as they were pre-surgery. I had thought about it for me, but being that I suffer from a ED, it would not be worth the risk for me as I would be one who it did not work for. I decided to work on my ED & the weight will come off.

I am learning that counting calories works great vs restricting carbs. I am eating pretty clean & have 5 days of no binging under my belt!

You can do this :)
  • ms0397
    ms0397 Posts: 1
    Options
    Im new too. May i get some friends here to help me motivate?
  • Bekkah376
    Bekkah376 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there!

This is a great site with lots of support & great information.... welcome! :smile:
  • cypresskate
    Options
    I had the lap band five years ago, and lost sixty pounds the first three months without really trying. Now I have been slowly trying to work off the additional weight. I have not gained anything back, but it definitely was not as easy as I hoped it would be. I thought I would give MyFitnessPal a try to see if I could lose weight again, and so far, I've lost about ten pounds.

Good luck to you!