Morning exercisers

Options
Hi! I was just wondering how many of you exercise early in the morning and what type of exercise you do. I can't seem to get motivated in the evening so I am thinking about trying in the morning. Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated!!!:bigsmile:

Replies

• CoronerKris
    CoronerKris Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    wake up have my coffee then head out for a run! i find it much easier to just go out and get it done first thing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    wake up have my coffee then head out for a run! i find it much easier to just go out and get it done first thing.
    This. I get it done before I've had time to think about it.
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I love working out in the morning. I do Stronglifts 5x5 and the C25k app for running... Its great. You'll feel great too. I started about three months ago. now i'm working out a bit more in the evening because im training with a friend for a 5k run. (myfirst ever) and she works mornings. i have noticed when i workout in the mornings i tend to eat alot healthier than when i work out at night... its really all about what works for you.!!!

Good luck
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just get up and do it, saving coffee for later. I've been doing a mixture of strength training (BBL) and cardio (zumba) but I've just started a 21-day yoga challenge so that's what I'm doing at the moment.
  • andrea10191
    andrea10191 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like to do my workout as soon as I get up. It gives me energy for the whole day. Its especially good on the days that I run because I start the day off with a runners high.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I get up at 545 every day...do a Jillian Michaels' DVD and am done for the day!
    Good luck!
  • NotThePest
    NotThePest Posts: 164
    Options
    I use video games, specifically EASA2.0 (EA Sports Active 2.0), to workout in the morning. I do not eat, I do it in a fasting state, and I do not east breakfast until I get to work, or if it is the weekend, maybe 1 to 2 hrs after my workout is over. I can program anywhere from 25 minutes to one-hour plus after work.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    Body weight strength training or running! :)

Fitocracy has a "Spark Challenge" right now that lays out a good body weight routine. Only 15 minutes!
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    95% of the time I do my exercise in the morning. I walk dogs for a living so by 5pm I typically want to rest and have no energy left for any type of work out videos or a gym.

Lately I have been doing insanity DVDs, any free work out videos from youtube, jump rope, and every other day now strength training. I really want to start to push myself to walk over to the pool and swim some laps in the morning but.....that hasn't happened yet ha
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Wake up, walk my dog, go to the gym. Do whatever I feel like at the gym (lately, powerlifting). Return home, eat breakfast (what I'm doing right now, as a matter of fact, having just finished my workout for the day).
  • gettingbetter50
    Options
    I have coffee and daily Bible reading then I exercise to DVDs for up to one hour. I have a $$ large selection to work out with. Firm, Cathe, Biggest Loser, Chris Freytag, Power 90, ETC..... I work afternoons so this works very good for me.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    1 hour of treadmil time!!
  • Momma2fourunder5
    Momma2fourunder5 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've just switched to first thing in the morning and I'm loving it! Up at 5:45, do strength training and then out for a quick run...back home to shower and all ready for the day! I have my coffee after my run so it keeps my energy levels up. I'm really loving it!!
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the advice. I am going to try to start Monday and take it one day at a time!!!
  • WinCherry
    WinCherry Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to go walking in the morning and if it's too cold I put on Leslie Sansone's walking dvds.
  • darylewb
    darylewb Posts: 45
    Options
    I am an early riser... can't sleep past 0530 no matter how hard I try, so at first light, I hit the pavement and go for a run.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Many mornings I get out of bed and immediately get into my exercise outfit, fire up the computer and do 30 Day Shred or a Kettlebell full body workout. It's great to get at least 30 minutes of good exercise under my belt. That way, if I have to work late or something, I haven't missed out. If I'm home in time, I'll do more in the evening, like stationary bike.

First thing int he morning, I'm not awake enough to argue myself out of doing it.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    when Im trying to lean out, I train in the morning fasted. I dont change my routine much, its still about 30% cardio and 70% resistance training.
  • KatR13
    KatR13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a 5 am er..
    I tried doing my workout later on t=in the day, but it makes me feel sluggish..
    BEsides i have more energy thruout the day.
    I am doing Insanity, and wouldnt change a thing about my 5 am time :)

But it is not for everybody, you just need to find your right time :)
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:45 am and head to the local gym for about 15 minutes of warm-up before I get to a 5:15 am class, M/W is spin, T/Friday is body pump and the other days I walk or do elliptical. I love getting it done for the day. I have now also formed great friendships with other gals at the gym who go that early too. Good luck...