Body Pump, Zumba and Water aerobics

Options
I love them, I do all three a week separated by one down day in between. I take sundays off, but I am loving these classes! Anyone else do these? What results are you seeing?

Replies

• TamaraRR
    TamaraRR Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I teach Zumba!! I think it is the best class there is, Its just so much fun, and you really get a sweat going. I definitely look forward to Zumba more than my runs.
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    I love Body Pump! I go to it every Mon and Fri...I go to a Bootcamp class on Weds and Kickboxing on Sats.
    Love all my classes at the Y!!!
  • dfwtxmissy
    dfwtxmissy Posts: 102
    Options
    I do circuit training and aquatic bootcamp. Tues and thurs are boot camp and I break up the rest of the days with circuit and cardio. I take off Sundays. Love my routine.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm working up to finish an hour of Zumba, but I do about three hours of swing dancing on Saturdays, Salsa Mondays and Wednesdays, circuit training Tuesdays and Thursdays and Fridays it mix it up. Sundays are either off or I have an active family day hiking or playing frisbee or catch outside.

I dig that mine changes a lot that way I don't get bored, especially on the weekends with my family days.
  • Jamiecfc1
    Jamiecfc1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do Pump, I wouldn't wish my Zumba attempts on anyone (there's obviously a reason why it's all female at my gym). I also do Body Combat once a week, circuits, Body Attack which is a good workout apart from the music which is pretty pants, the rest of the time I swim, play squash, and my own gym stuff (with my own music...!) Have a day off very occasionally :) Spose my theory being if there's nothing to stop you doing something, then you should at least try. Plus you can sleep when you're dead!
  • Kimd1972
    Kimd1972 Posts: 45
    Options
    I teach BodyPump and it has changed my body in ways unimaginable!! I have been teaching for 4 years and have lost 155lbs. On this website trying to lose 30 more lbs. I also teach BodyStep. I teach BodyPump 2 - 3 times per week and BodyStep 2 times per week. Can't wait to try Zumba this Sat! BodyPump has increased my metabolism, given me muscle definition, and made fat burning easier. We are trained to tell our Pumpers that you have to use the recommended weight to see results!!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I take BodyPump 2xs a week...I would do it 3xs a week if my schedule fit with the gyms. I LOVE it! Also in love/hate with spin. Burns soooo many calories!
  • nikilincoln
    nikilincoln Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I teach BodyPump and it has changed my body in ways unimaginable!! I have been teaching for 4 years and have lost 155lbs. On this website trying to lose 30 more lbs. I also teach BodyStep. I teach BodyPump 2 - 3 times per week and BodyStep 2 times per week. Can't wait to try Zumba this Sat! BodyPump has increased my metabolism, given me muscle definition, and made fat burning easier. We are trained to tell our Pumpers that you have to use the recommended weight to see results!! It's a lifestyle change, not a diet ~
    It's a marathon, not a race~
    It's about getting healthy, not getting thin~
    It's about doing what's right, and you will win~!

www.lesmills.com/kimd1972

Wow! Congrats on the 155 pounds lost! How often do you recommend attending Body Pump to see results and maintain consistency? :smile: Also, any advice or tips you could pass on about nutrition from your weight loss? Congrats!
  • darney
    darney Posts: 9
    Options
    Oh man! I like body pump a lot, but I'm recovering today! Lol I'm so sore, but I still went to the gym and did my usual cardio. I'm doing my first Zumba tomorrow afternoon I am excited!
  • alphaip
    alphaip Posts: 86
    Options
    I'm coming up on 6 months of body pump. I'm about the only guy in the class most of the time 3 times a week - it's been great. I have NEVER been able to get any definition in my upper body, but now it's creeping through the fat.

Because of pump, I'll be in better shape at age 41 than age 21.
  • Kimd1972
    Kimd1972 Posts: 45
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!!!

BodyPump is recommended 2 - 3 x per week with a day of rest in between classes. I always tell my members if they are going to do any other weight training do it on the day they take BodyPump. Your muscles need a day to recover. Pump/weight training tears down the muscle tissues, so they can come back stronger, longer and leaner! Leaner muscles = better fat burning!

With that being said, I would say on the day you take BodyPump, a diet full of lean protein would be good to aid in the rebuilding of the muscle tissue.

Kimberly
    I teach BodyPump and it has changed my body in ways unimaginable!! I have been teaching for 4 years and have lost 155lbs. On this website trying to lose 30 more lbs. I also teach BodyStep. I teach BodyPump 2 - 3 times per week and BodyStep 2 times per week. Can't wait to try Zumba this Sat! BodyPump has increased my metabolism, given me muscle definition, and made fat burning easier. We are trained to tell our Pumpers that you have to use the recommended weight to see results!! It's a lifestyle change, not a diet ~
    It's a marathon, not a race~
    It's about getting healthy, not getting thin~
    It's about doing what's right, and you will win~!

www.lesmills.com/kimd1972

Wow! Congrats on the 155 pounds lost! How often do you recommend attending Body Pump to see results and maintain consistency? :smile: Also, any advice or tips you could pass on about nutrition from your weight loss? Congrats!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I take body step and zumba and LOVE them - even though I probably look silly during zumba. I don't care though since I usually burn 700 during zumba (once a week at the gym) and 800-1100 calories during body step (2 times a week).
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I love all the Les Mills classes except Body attack, I can't stand it! Body pump and combat are my favs and I love flow!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am trying pump and flow for the first time this Saturday.