Not new but starting anew. 371 lbs and losing.

Options
Hello. I am not new here but am starting anew. April 8th I was admitted into the hospital thought I was having a heart attack. I wasn't thank God but it was an AHA moment for me. April 9th I decided to change and since then I have lost 12.4 pounds and am going to do this. For the last year I have played around with weight loss and trying to change up but I wasn't ready.

My highest weight was 391 and my current weight is 371 I have lost and regained the same 20 over the last year but not anymore. I would love to make some friends that are on their journey.. would love people who are serious and track daily. I Love the motivation!

If you have been as big as me or are as big as me.. add me especially so we can do this together!

Replies

• emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Amazing job so far! Good for you for deciding to change. I have lost and gained back the same weight the last year also, so I know how you feel. We can do it :wink:
  • misscrazO
    misscrazO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ys we can do it. I think it is all about mindset. Plus I quit soda.. that was huge for me.
  • Manarelle
    Manarelle Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to make a change! My aha moment was when I realized that every single piece of clothing I owned relied on elastic to stay put. Glad it wasn't a heart attack, and welcome back!
  • misscrazO
    misscrazO Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Those Aha moment are quite eye opening huh. Thank you.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've got a good start on your plan to get healthy and I'm sorry it took such a scare to get that motivation really solid. But it could be the best gift, in some ways, that you could have received. Anyway, I want to wish you well and if you take it one day at a time, do you best, get back to it after a day that isn't "perfect", that you'll benefit in ways you can't imagine. Each new "can do" moment will strengthen you. Each mini goal reached should be celebrated in some way, no matter how small. And it sounds like you've got the positive attitude that makes you a winner in what counts most...your good health.

Best wishes on your efforts.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I quit soda too, I was drinking a ton of diet coke every day, and I quit about new years day because my headaches were getting so bad. Now I just occasionally have a sprite if I want a pop and my headaches are so much better, and fewer! Quitting pop is really hard I think, good for you!